Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Why do teenage boys STINK?!?!?!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 11:52 pm
why is that ... clean it all up ... and maintain ... get extra pair of sneakers and switch off ...

Tamiri

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 12:49 am
I have 2 teenagers and one 22 year old. None of them ever stink. Even the 22 year old when he was in the army: the worst he ever smelled of was hard work and gun oil.
First of all, what are your kids eating? That can have a LOT to do with how they smell.
Second, do they shower regularly, as in EVERY DAY?
Third, are their clothes really being cleaned in the wash?
I am extraordinarily sensitive to any and all odors and could not tolerate a stinky smell from any of my kids. I can smell their feet when I kiss their head (sandals season almost all year round here)!!! It's that bad.
So, what they do: they have been showered/bathed every day since they were born, practically, so it's ingrained. I believe they shampoo daily. They get deoderant BEFORE you know it's time and they mostly use Old Spice which smells great. They change most of their clothing daily - I do ask that they wear pants more than once, and tzitzit are worn with an undershirt. They brush their teeth at least twice/day. They generally eat well, when there is food in the house (not such a given now, after all the holidays... gotta go shopping). Eating well can help with acne as well.
Good luck. I am happy to say that my family smells great, which is the way I like it.

chavamom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 1:00 am
OK, I think I need to repeat this - THEY don't stink. The stuff they wear (esp. their socks and shoes) and the things they sleep on (their pillows and blankets) often do. The problem is compounded by the "dirty socks in the corner/under the bed/left in the bathroom" phenomena. They bathe. Daily. Except on the days that they bathe twice. They wear deodorant. They don't wear dirty clothing. They brush their teeth. They eat healthy food.

SHEESH!

I do see a few of you "get it" (including my neighbor who was commiserating with me after I posted) - it's the stink they leave behind, not that they stink themselves.

Tefila

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 1:10 am
Chavamom a word of caution here: u realize that u have posted in a site visitors can cruise and Idea if your sons find it they may not stink anymore but you will have other issues to contend with shock Tongue Out Twisted Evil .

chavamom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 1:43 am
LOL tefilla - they already saw me posting. One told the other "she says our stuff stinks" and the other yells "I told you I'd get all the socks gathered up!!!!"

GAMZu

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 1:51 am
Blackmail??? Twisted Evil

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 2:01 am
my mom used to buy these little balls for my brothers sneakers, they are deoderizers for them ,and used to work wonders. look into it.
as for yarmulkas, or anything else, spray them with febreze fabric in between washings.

chavamom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 6:13 pm
I'd love to know more about those little balls for the sneakers.

imaamy

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 7:38 pm
I think they sell them in the shoe department at Wal-Mart where the shoe polish is. I didn't think they worked so great, but if some posters like them, would be worth a try.

Piper

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 7:54 pm
chavamom wrote:
The smell of their room makes me want to GAG. I just went in their room and took every blanket, pillow and dirty sock I could find. What is UP with stinky, dirty boys and where did I go wrong????? And when will they outgrow this?

What she said.

Really. His room smells like a cesspool. On the other hand, my daughters' room always smells fresh and like flowers. What is up with that?

pinktichel

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 8:14 pm
Chavamom, you really made me laugh. You sound like my mother!! All 3 of my teenage brothers were home for Yom Tov and all my mother kept saying was, "This room stinks of boy!"

Nothing she did (opened window, changed linen, washed clothes, etc) helped. Btw, they shower every day and use deodorant often. Dh says it's just a lingering smell.... Rolling Eyes

chavamom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 9:41 pm
Sounds like me yesterday - I opened the windows, stripped the beds, washed the blankets AND the pillows, sprayed down the mattresses, got all the laundry out (now the laundry room stinks, btw). It's better, but not "stink free".

faigie

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 9:44 pm
iv been there
you can wash and rewash, but the only way to keep stink free is by getting the kid showered more often

chavamom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 9:53 pm
faigie wrote:
iv been there
you can wash and rewash, but the only way to keep stink free is by getting the kid showered more often

I think you missed the part about how they shower, daily or more!!!

faigie

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 9:59 pm
yowsa..I did miss that.
umm arrid xtra xtra xtra dry spray?
oh wait a sec,,,, something just occurred to me. did ya try to see if its a smell from their shoes???that can be a serious funk fest.

shoy18

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 10:02 pm
What exactly stinks? if its their shoes get them inserts, and if its the laundry, why does it stink? if they are clean and they wear deodorant why would it smell at all? it may smell musty if something is wet in there in which case make sure they dont through anything wet in the hamper in their room. Maybe think about moving their laundry basket elsewhere

chavamom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 10:15 pm
Honestly, the biggest culprit is dirty socks.

Motek

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:43 am
chavamom wrote:
OK, I think I need to repeat this - THEY don't stink. The stuff they wear (esp. their socks and shoes)

Buy a supply of Dr. Scholl's insoles. Can't imagine how we'd manage without them. That will solve your problem.

Purplehair

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 11:18 am
pinktichel wrote:
"This room stinks of boy!"

Best laugh I've had today!

BTW..I can't understand how so many Jewish parents allow their sons to use Axe products. Has anyone (besides me) ever looked at what they have written on the bottle?
My nephew uses Axe and my SIL shows me that on the bottle there is something to the affect of how it attracts women to users...and the pictures on it IIRC are..less than tzniusdik as well.

chavamom

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 2:13 pm
I've been known to rip the labels off the Axe bottle (we had a discussion about this before).
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children