Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
One martini, two martini, three martini, floor

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 5:45 am
tell me tell me ... who had a bissel mashke l'kovod simchas torah ... did you dance ... were you happy ... or were you floored ...

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 6:16 am
Ha, women don't dance in the shuls I've been to for simchas torah, so I just clapped hands and sung and stuff like that. Didn't drink, I never do.
My husband had tons of fun though, men always dance a lot.

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 6:18 am
it's not a poll ... but I feel I should add were you bored ... watching What

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 6:21 am
I loved watching the dances although I prefer dancing too. But my dd did plenty of "dancing" in her dad's arms, and that was good enough for me Very Happy

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:46 pm
I bought a "mini keg" ... it was FUN ...
tasted some $50 a bottle "Bookers" ...
drank some "water" Wink ...

hm ... I know at least some of you had a l'chaim ... fess up ...

Drunken Smile Drunken Smile Drunken Smile

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 6:52 pm
I ate some cold cuts that were "off" so as to get the taste out of my mouth I drank something from kiddush.....it wasn't grape juice, though!

No, I didn't esp. enjoy yomtov...too much sitting around and watching the men, IMO...yes, we danced some but that was it....the kiddush food wasn't that good and there wasn't that much of it, so I was hungry and bored a good bit of the time...

cindy324

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 1:47 pm
Not much drinking here...We were in mexico city for simchas torah, and at night we went to the litvishe shul there, where they don't get too wild, nor do they drink, so DH was not happy. But the next day, we went to the Lub. shul, and DH was a happy camper there LOL Lots of scotch, lots of singing , dancing, now THAT was fun to watch!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 2:13 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I ate some cold cuts that were "off" so as to get the taste out of my mouth I drank something from kiddush.....it wasn't grape juice, though!

No, I didn't esp. enjoy yomtov...too much sitting around and watching the men, IMO...yes, we danced some but that was it....the kiddush food wasn't that good and there wasn't that much of it, so I was hungry and bored a good bit of the time...

The kiddush food was bissli and bamba style by us... no alcohol, just grape juice, other juices and water and coca.

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 2:37 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Not much drinking here...We were in mexico city for simchas torah, and at night we went to the litvishe shul there, where they don't get too wild, nor do they drink, so DH was not happy. But the next day, we went to the Lub. shul, and DH was a happy camper there LOL Lots of scotch, lots of singing , dancing, now THAT was fun to watch!

lol I guess we all have a lub side Nervous Drunken Smile

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 2:41 pm
I wasn't sure if my shul was going to have any good liquor, so I pre-partied beforehand. Thankfully, they had some stuff at shul, so I was able to be besimcha.

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 2:47 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I wasn't sure if my shul was going to have any good liquor, so I pre-partied beforehand. Thankfully, they had some stuff at shul, so I was able to be besimcha.

that must've been hard defy ... a pre party and a party Drunken Smile Drunken Smile ...

(hey - I've missed you)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics