Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
PSA: Responsible Non-Vaccination
Previous  1  2  3

sky

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:42 am
abound wrote:
The only question I have, is why is everyone madder at the ppl who do not vaccinate their kids when most adults are not immunized against measles. (it does not last forever)

(I do vaccinate, I just do not get this fear mongering)

I think measles is the longest lasting.
At least 96% of adults have life long immunity from measles after receiving the second shot.
Those who have immunity from receiving the shot cannot carry measles.
Those who have immunity from having measles can still carry measles.

Have you heard differently about adults and measles?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:05 am
I have 0 tolerance for anti vax nuts. You are welcome to make whichever decisions about your child’s health you want; they don’t affect me. But if you choose not to vaccinate, I will repeat what others have said go live on a deserted island. It is absolute gaavah to think that you with 0 medical training know better than the cdc and every single medical professional or there who have all been begging for years to vaccinate your children!!! And before anyone tells me about evil pharma who is making a fortune off bad vaccines, who in Lakewood thinks Dr. Shanik is not 100% a tzaddik in this generation who has devoted his life to Lakewood children? He’s not in it for the money. Please get off your high horse, accept that some people do know more than you, and just vaccinate!

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:07 am
Just wondering, since when are these threads allowed on the main board? Did they not used to have to be in the 'Natural Parenting' forum?

WhatFor

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:19 am
amother wrote:
Just wondering, since when are these threads allowed on the main board? Did they not used to have to be in the 'Natural Parenting' forum?

Not 100% sure but I think natural parenting is a safe haven forum and anti-vax is a dangerous mentality doesn't deserve to be presented one-sided?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:29 am
abound wrote:
The only question I have, is why is everyone madder at the ppl who do not vaccinate their kids when most adults are not immunized against measles. (it does not last forever)

(I do vaccinate, I just do not get this fear mongering)

Your information is wrong. It is a VERY small percentage of adults who end up losing immunity. (Way less than 10%, forgot exact numbers). It is definitely NOT most adults.

The reason we are panicking and sending adults to check their titres for immunity, is because usually, we dont care about the few percent of adults who lost their immunity simply because we are relying on herd immunity to keep measles away, so we arent worried about them and infants/iunocompromised catching it.

BUT when enough people do not vax, then there is no herd immunitiy and you have an outbreak. Then, everyone panicks because what if they are of the few percent who lost immunity? No one wants to catch it. And spread it.

Either way, PLEASE do not spread this misinformation. Most adults do not lose immunity.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:42 pm
My immuno compromised child was crying yest that he can't come to a BDay party & his bro also stayed home to keep him company instead of joining his cousins why? Bc not one anti-vaxxer I know is keeping their kid under house arrest not to spread. I can not take chances. Not too long ago he was 3 months in a hosp fighting for his life. I can't go asking all children that attended if they are immunized- then I am the mean one.....

Chayalle

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:56 pm
amother wrote:
And I think it's selfish for parents to vaccinate for every little thing without first educating themselves about what is best for the child, simply because they don't want their children home sick!

I certainly don't want my children home sick. I don't want them buried in the ground CH"V either, not till 120. My great-grandmother buried her 4 children (ages 8, 6 year old twins, and a few months old) and then brought the rest of her children to the US because in America there were VACCINES.

Her 4 surviving children all lived to pretty ripe old ages.

That works for me.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 1:05 pm
amother wrote:

Nope. They should be in controversial topics to stop all the amother abuse.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 1:25 pm
amother wrote:
This is a PSA.

Some people are not vaccinating because they are afraid of the potential side effects of vaccinations. Others because they prefer the natural disease and the lifelong immunity it carries. There is certainly validity to these concerns.

BUT it's a package deal. You can't just not vaccinate and say you are doing the best for your children's health.

So here's some questions to ask yourself to make sure you are not vaccinating RESPONSIBLY:

1) Do you know what measles looks like? Mumps? Whooping cough? Chicken pox?

2) Do you know how to use the Vitamin C protocol in whooping cough? Do you know what "gut tolerance" is? Do you know how to recognize respiratory distress?

3) Do you know how much Vitamin A to give in the case of measles? Do you know what MUST be avoided in the case of measles?

4) Do you take steps to actively boost your family's immune system? Are you taking steps to ensure proper nutrition and avoidance of toxins?

5) Do you have a doctor or naturopath who supports you?

6) Do you have job flexibility that allows you to keep contagious children away from others?

7) Do you feel confident, in private times between you and Hashem, that you are making a proper decision for the correct reasons?

If the above are true, Kol Hakavod. Not vaccinating is one small part of ensuring your family's health. Wishing you and your children good health and long lives.

If the above are NOT true, then you need to seriously ask yourself if you are making an informed and responsible choice here. "I'm scared of autism" is not a good reason not to make any hishtadlus.

If you have not vaccinated because of fear of side effects, I propose that you follow these steps to minimize side effects:

1) Do not vaccinate sick children. Even a minor cold. The immune system reacts differently, and the results are not always good.

2) Spread out vaccines. Give 1, or preferably 2, months between each vaccine. If separate shots are available instead of combos, take those. This gives the body more chance to recover, and you more chance to notice serious side effects if ch"v some were starting to develop.

3) If you are comfortable doing this, and there are no immediate outbreaks, consider postponing shots in younger infants.

4) Consider postponing certain vaccines if you are comfortable with the diseases and less so in the shot - I.e. chicken pox. Some wait and give the shot to a teen if they never contracted natural chicken pox, which is more serious in adults.

5) If a child has a bad reaction, stop vaccinating that child. Their body is telling you that they cannot handle them. The risk/benefit ratio has just changed significantly, and it may not be worth the risk anymore.

Wishing everyone much success in making the correct and responsible decision for their families.

I love this post. I do not vaccinate. I do it responsibly. whoever does vaccinate, it should be an educated and informed choice, NOT because you were bullied into ot by Dr. , friends, family,neighbors, cdc etc.

before putting something In your kids body, know what's in there and the risks!

and if your not vaccinating, keep your children healthy, know the signs and how to deal, etc.

vaccinators and non vaccinators- daven to hashem to keep your families healthy and strong!

Sebastian

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 1:51 pm
Another wheat I hope no one's loved one gets seriously ill or dies b c of your "responsible decision".

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
I have 0 tolerance for anti vax nuts. You are welcome to make whichever decisions about your child’s health you want; they don’t affect me. But if you choose not to vaccinate, I will repeat what others have said go live on a deserted island. It is absolute gaavah to think that you with 0 medical training know better than the cdc and every single medical professional or there who have all been begging for years to vaccinate your children!!! And before anyone tells me about evil pharma who is making a fortune off bad vaccines, who in Lakewood thinks Dr. Shanik is not 100% a tzaddik in this generation who has devoted his life to Lakewood children? He’s not in it for the money. Please get off your high horse, accept that some people do know more than you, and just vaccinate!

Yes, there are those who are brazen enough to believe what their own eyes see. To observe their children without medical training. To behold before them what is actually written on the package insert and go against the grain to protect their children. Hashem should strengthen them!

Sebastian

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 2:44 pm
Oh lord.

You read the package insert. The dr goes to medical school for 8+ years but you know better. There are scary chemicals in vaccines so that they work. A person infected with measles would need even scarier chemicals and machines to recover. There are chemicals everywhere. Your body is made of chemicals. Chemicals aren't necessarily bad or dangerous

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 3:22 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
Nope. They should be in controversial topics to stop all the amother abuse.

I (as amother) think in light of recent developments that is is extremely important that these controversial conversations happen with amother enabled. Without amother enabled it would be squashed a significant amount. I believe these threads are educational to all of us in many ways and at a pivotal point in public policy and current trends.
I thinks it is the only venue where I have seen real 2 sided conversation happening and an attempt by many to bring facts forward explaining pros and cons of the view they hold. Let's face it, I think most people like myself vax because that's what you do and don't think much into things . It seems like a good idea that we as the public learn more about thiss ince we will be shaping community policy inevitably . Learn about the medical literature published. I have been avidly watching the "tennis match" and feel happy that I know more than I used to. I feel both teams have brought important information to the table mixed in with the other stuff.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
I love this post. I do not vaccinate. I do it responsibly. whoever does vaccinate, it should be an educated and informed choice, NOT because you were bullied into ot by Dr. , friends, family,neighbors, cdc etc.

before putting something In your kids body, know what's in there and the risks!

and if your not vaccinating, keep your children healthy, know the signs and how to deal, etc.

vaccinators and non vaccinators- daven to hashem to keep your families healthy and strong!

Do you have Rauch hakodesh? How on earth can you know the signs of measles if symptoms only show up a week or so after you've caught the virus? So your kids could be running g around infecting others who are unable to get the vaccine and you would have no idea. Your kids could cause others to die c'v because once the symptoms show up, it's too late, your kids have spread it already.

You were educated by the very uneducated.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 3:31 pm
Another I can b c vaccines have been proven to work and I would like my kids to not get sick particularly with a seriously disease. I thought about it and looked into it.
It was reputable drs and scientists vs quacks.
I chose to trust the drs and scientists instead of mercola the akeres habayis hotline and peach magazine
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics