Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Child being expelled from school even

mammala120

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 2:54 pm
If my child has medical exemptions to vaccine. My child was rushed to ER after few hours post booster shots in need of medical intervention to stop allergic reaction to vaccine. Yet after 6 years of being in same school the menahel wants my child out because I refuse to give second mmr shot.

Yes my other kids are vaccinated some r partially due to allergy.
What should I do. Please pm me with info to help me. This is urgent. Thankyou.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:00 pm
If you have a valid medical exemption with documentation from medical doctor they CAN NOT expel your child.

What they can do is suspend your child until the measles outbreak is over.

My child could not get the second MMR for to a severe reaction to the first one and they were going to suspend her until I checked her titers and proved she was immune to measles. (A severe reaction can do that) She is otherwise fully vaccinated as are my other children.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:00 pm
Do you have a note from your doctor about this? Can your dr speak to the school? Are you in the area of the outbreak? Is the expulsion permanent or until the outbreak is over

sky

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:02 pm
Is there an active measle case in the city you are in?
Do you have a medical or religious exemption?

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:06 pm
amother wrote:
If you have a valid medical exemption with documentation from medical doctor they CAN NOT expel your child.

What they can do is suspend your child until the measles outbreak is over.

My child could not get the second MMR for to a severe reaction to the first one and they were going to suspend her until I checked her titers and proved she was immune to measles. (A severe reaction can do that) She is otherwise fully vaccinated as are my other children.

This.

And if her titters are low, Your child is precisely why we need to immunize all other children.

I hope you can work it out with the school.

mammala120

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:07 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Do you have a note from your doctor about this? Can your dr speak to the school? Are you in the area of the outbreak? Is the expulsion permanent or until the outbreak is over

Yes I gave in note from dr and in beginning of year I was told he can come back with note from dr. And now after measles outbreak the school changed their mind. There is no cases of measles in his school. The expulsions is permanent

mammala120

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:08 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
This.

And if her titters are low, Your child is precisely why we need to immunize all other children.

I hope you can work it out with the school.

My child had titers checked and dr said he is not immune even if he has one mmr in his system.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:09 pm
mammala120 wrote:
Yes I gave in note from dr and in beginning of year I was told he can come back with note from dr. And now after measles outbreak the school changed their mind. There is no cases of measles in his school. The expulsions is permanent

This is NOT ok. Ots crazy!!!! If your child chv had diabetes, then he'd also be expelled. Is there someone who can intervene on your behalf?

mammala120

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:10 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
This is NOT ok. Ots crazy!!!! If your child chv had diabetes, then he'd also be expelled. Is there someone who can intervene on your behalf?

I am trying to get the dr to call the school but he is so busy.

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:59 pm
Tzutzie wrote:

In Lakewood anyone not immunized is not being allowed into school during the outbreak. No matter the reason.
There are classes formed for both medical and religious exemption students in the meantime.
It will be incredibly difficult to get around this during the outbreak.
A dr who is being quoted that he does not support removing Unvaxxed children has clarified that during a measles outbreak extra precaution should be taken. I’m guessing that is why schools are getting more strict.
I don’t think with a medical exemption they can be removed when there is no outbreak. Is it possible the principal isn’t seeing the difference now?

Have you checked his titers. If he is immune the. It should t be a problem anyway.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:00 pm
OP... check your PM

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:12 pm
mammala120 wrote:
If my child has medical exemptions to vaccine. My child was rushed to ER after few hours post booster shots in need of medical intervention to stop allergic reaction to vaccine. Yet after 6 years of being in same school the menahel wants my child out because I refuse to give second mmr shot.

Yes my other kids are vaccinated some r partially due to allergy.
What should I do. Please pm me with info to help me. This is urgent. Thankyou.

Get a letter from the dr

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:16 pm
if your child is not vaccinated are you concerned about the child being in school? out in crowded places?
seems if you have a medical exemption from a doctor then when outbreak is over child would be allowed back
hatzlocha

mammala120

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 4:58 pm
amother wrote:
if your child is not vaccinated are you concerned about the child being in school? out in crowded places?
seems if you have a medical exemption from a doctor then when outbreak is over child would be allowed back
hatzlocha

I am very concerned. I have no solution. To vaccinate is risky. Not to vaccinate is risky. What to do only thing left is pray and that what I do.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:06 pm
Unfortunately, the schools can throw out anyone they want, for any reason or no reason.

Is the principal absolutely firm on the expulsion, even with a doctor's confirmation? Try to really press the issue and get solid answers.

If the school is adamant, ask your local rav to help you find an appropriate school for your son.

I am sorry you are stuck in this situation. It's not fair that your child has to suffer because other people won't vaccinate their kids.

teachkids

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:53 pm
I am deeply sorry that you and your child are suffering because too many people feel the need to make their own exceptions, taking away that ability from the people who really need them.

Could you call the principal/school and ask what they want you to do. Don't go in "I can't vaccinate!" because that will put on their defences, but ask "What do you think our next step should be? We would like to be in the school, and we agree that unvaxed is dangerous, but our doctor won't allow X to get the next vaccine due to a life threatening reaction last time. What can we do to solve the problem?"Even offer to keep him home till epidemic is over if you want.

mazal555

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
In Lakewood anyone not immunized is not being allowed into school during the outbreak. No matter the reason.
There are classes formed for both medical and religious exemption students in the meantime.
It will be incredibly difficult to get around this during the outbreak.
A dr who is being quoted that he does not support removing Unvaxxed children has clarified that during a measles outbreak extra precaution should be taken. I’m guessing that is why schools are getting more strict.
I don’t think with a medical exemption they can be removed when there is no outbreak. Is it possible the principal isn’t seeing the difference now?

Have you checked his titers. If he is immune the. It should t be a problem anyway.

Wait so you think the religious exemptions kids are dangerous so you are putting them in class with the medical exemptions (sick) kids?

That doesn't make sense.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics