Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Question for OT's and Nurses-

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 10:28 am
Daughter has almost 70 credits from Touro, with all or most of the sciences behind her. Grades are OK, not super. She meant to go for OT, but heard that the market is getting flooded. She was told that going for Nursing is preferable, bec. there will always be a need for nurses, especially with baby boom generation aging, and that nurses can do "many things".

What are the pros and cons of both? What do people in either field think about hiring opportunities, in the near future?
What are options in Brooklyn for Nursing school and how long would it take her?

chavamom

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 11:44 am
I have no idea about comparison with OT's, but I get info all the time about the shortage of nurses, wages rising consistently (B'H! They've needed to for a long, long time!), incentives in the form of scholarship or loan pay-offs for those who go into the field. I think it's a great profession - there are many different areas you can work in, opportunities to further a career in advance practice, hours are flexible and jobs are never a problem to find. The down-side is that you can find yourself working weekends and "holidays" often, but if you are frum, you generally don't care. I actually often sign-up to work *all* "holidays" b/c you get time and 1/2 plus a bonus if it's not your assigned holiday!

chavamom

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 11:45 am
Oh, as for how long it will take, it depends on what credits she has already and is she finishing a BSN program or an associate degree. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics