Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
DigiScrapping

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 3:08 pm
Most of you have heard about scrapbooks - albums put together with photos and other momentos.

In today's digital age, scrapbooking, or scrapping, has gone hi-tech.

There are many sites which offer kits for sale or free for downloading; 'papers', backgrounds, embellishments, frames and ready-made sayings. Generally when posting, you need to give proper credit and a link if possible.

In order to utilize these kits, all you need is a photo-editing program, photos uploaded into your computer, time and imagination.

Here are a couple of my layouts (LO):

Background, ribbon and circular frames: DSP Welcome Kit
Torn Paper: Glorious Autumn Page Kit, Created by Kim Liddiard
Wire Heart: DSP Freebie by Lauren

Background papers, frames, flowers, stitching was designed by EVERYDAYS LITTLE MOMENTS Design
Staples are by Lanna Arcoverde, http://www.scrap-world.blogspot.com/
Notepaper by Tanyia Deskins, scrapsnack.blogspot.com

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 3:17 pm
AWWWWWWWWWWW

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 3:37 pm
that's great!!
Do you still get to do the placement yourself? how long does it take to do a page?

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 3:54 pm
can u print them high res?

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 3:58 pm
Mommastuff wrote:
that's great!!
Do you still get to do the placement yourself? how long does it take to do a page?

Well, there are different types of pages. There are "Quick Pages" (QP), which are pretty much already laid out for you - you just have to insert the photo(s) and text.

Then there are kits, where you design the whole thing, top to bottom, picking and choosing which elements to use, changing sizes and color.

And I generally like to work on a page for a couple days. Do an initial LO, put it away and come back to it for tweaking.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 3:59 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
can u print them high res?

The kits generally come between 200 and 300 DPI. That's fine for printing.

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 4:46 pm
wow just a few clicks and im already hooked. thanks kmelion for telling me about this. I could easily see myself getting addicted. I hope it doesnt get too bad!

greentiger

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 4:54 pm
If you want to get really professional you can send your photo scrapbook to be printed as a book. Most phot sites do it. I think it's really cool, and if I were creative enough, I'd so do it.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 5:33 pm
I have 2 scrapbook programs on cd's and I've printed out scrapbooks that I made.

peach

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 5:52 pm
Cute pics, Kmelion!!

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 6:32 pm
greentiger wrote:
If you want to get really professional you can send your photo scrapbook to be printed as a book. Most phot sites do it. I think it's really cool, and if I were creative enough, I'd so do it.

I've seen this on photo sites and I really want to do it. It is not that expensive (you would have to pay for toner or printing anyway, plus photo albums) I think about $20 a book, and it would make a fantastic gift for parents and grandparents.

Maybe after I have the baby would be a good time, when I's supposed to be recovering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics