Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I feel so stupid!!

yersp

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 1:23 pm
I'm so stupid !! ( I know, youre not supposed to put yourself down, but this time I really am stupid!!) I got a prescription from the dr for a certain health issue, anyway, I was supposed to only use it once a day, I had understood that I'm supposed to use it TWICE a day. I called the pharmacy for a refill and they tell me that I'm not supposed to get a refill until next week, they'll call the dr and see what the dr says. Pharmacy calls me back to say that I was only supposed to use it ONCE a day but there's a different something, similar to this medication that I can use too and it's over the counter. I TOTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD THE DR!! I don't feel any different so I don't think that I overdosed because according to the instruction booklet that came with the prescription, it can be used twice or even three times a day depending on the severity of the condition. The dr had said that it's pretty bad what I have so this is probably why I misunderstood.
I'm embarrassed to go back to the dr now. I have an appt next week ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Banging head

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 1:29 pm
You shouldn't feel stupid. So many doctors fire tons of instructions so quickly, that it's hard to remember everything!

Last time I saw my doctor, he gave me so many instructions, I stopped him, asked for a pen and paper, and wrote everything down.

yersp

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 1:34 pm
I should've done that. Too late now!!! I'm going to be so embarrassed when I go back next week!!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 1:35 pm
Luckily you didn't get sick from overmedicating.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 1:38 pm
Hey - if you'd like I can share some pills ... or provide a paper bag with holes to breath for when you go back ... otherwise ... you can just go as yourself and fogedabaoudit!!!

you'll be ok ...

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 1:45 pm
Instructions and dosages are usually printed on the prescription bottle. Next time if you don't remember look at the label and see how often to take.

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 1:45 pm
Instructions and dosages are usually printed on the prescription bottle. Next time if you don't remember look at the label and see how often to take.

yersp

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 2:18 pm
brooklyn wrote:

on the bottle is says once a day, I understood from the dr. that I have to take it twice a day. She probably meant that if this doesnt help me then the next medication she'll try would be twice a day. I'm confused already!!

CAYA

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 3:09 pm
feeling stupid wont bring u anywhere, u did it already, so go back and listen carefully to what dr has to say for the future,

yersp

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 3:10 pm
I'm embarrassed to go back to that dr. but too bad!! Oh well!! Yesirim shel ahavah.

chen

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 10:31 am
You aren't the first person to have done something like this and you won't be the last. Your dr. has seen and heard it all. No need to be embarrassed--just be glad your error had no serious health consequences.

yersp

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 10:37 am
True, true!! Thanks everyone, I do feel much better now.

Tefila

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 11:42 am
It's not as bad as someone I know who ate something that was supposed to be inserted somewhereelse. But thought it meant to be inserted by mouth Puke

yersp

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 3:34 pm
Tefila wrote:
It's not as bad as someone I know who ate something that was supposed to be inserted somewhereelse. But thought it meant to be inserted by mouth Puke

I'm sorry...........I have to laugh! Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 6:13 pm
My kid's pediatrician prescribed 1 teaspoon of antibiotic.
The pharmacy wrote '1 tablespoon' on the label.

I gave my kid 1 tablespoon and soon after she turned blue and had a mild seizure.

Since then I listen closely to doc's instructions and basically ignore the label.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 5:23 am
Yeah, say boruch Hashem, and be more careful next time.

Once before Shabbos when I was a teen, I decided that I shouldn't take meds on Shabbos, so I took a double dose right before, with the result of half my FACE (not foot) "falling asleep" (pins and needles, numbness) at the Shabbos table. That was scary - and stupid!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 28 2007, 11:43 am
I think you should realize that it's also the dr's responsibility to see that his instructions were properly understood.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics