Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Gateways Pesach

cheeseblintz

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 12:46 pm
Anyone been on their pesach program before?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 12:54 pm
Several times. Ask away!

cheeseblintz

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 12:59 pm
Oh good! So we are frum but not yeshivish...Would you say the program is 100% yeshivish or will we be able to sorta fit in? Planning on bringing my MIL, who doesn't cover her hair, and want her to be as comfortable as possible. Thanks for the info.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 1:16 pm
cheeseblintz wrote:
Oh good! So we are frum but not yeshivish...Would you say the program is 100% yeshivish or will we be able to sorta fit in? Planning on bringing my MIL, who doesn't cover her hair, and want her to be as comfortable as possible. Thanks for the info.

Well, given that they are a kiruv organization they do have people of all kinds, but for the major yomim tovim it does tend to be pretty frum. I don’t think you’ll feel out of place though. You all might feel more comfortable at JHC, a very high class program with a real mix of different kinds of people.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 1:42 pm
It's a pretty frum crowd. Not everyone is yeshivish but the vast majority of women cover their hair in some way. None of the women wear slacks. It's a very down to earth, warm crowd.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 1:45 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Well, given that they are a kiruv organization they do have people of all kinds, but for the major yomim tovim it does tend to be pretty frum. I don’t think you’ll feel out of place though. You all might feel more comfortable at JHC, a very high class program with a real mix of different kinds of people.

I've been to both programs and it's a similar crowd. This year Gateways is in Florida and JHC is in Connecticut.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics