Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Shopping for toddlers-pesach
Previous  1  2

How many Shabbos outfits do u buy per kid for yom tov?
2 outfits  
 51%  [ 159 ]
3 outfits  
 26%  [ 81 ]
4 outfits  
 8%  [ 26 ]
Other  
 14%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 310

lcraighten

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 1:15 pm
I try to but nice PJ's for the night and then their regular shabbos stuff is fine for the daytime. I might buy one new outfit if the child is old enough to appreciate it.

mig100

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 2:42 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Nothing. I don't buy my kids new clothing for yt. When they're older they'll ask for it.

I think I'm ready to join ur oot community. LOL

Curious what their reactions would b to these poll results LOL

Teomima

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 5:15 pm
Really? No option for 'none'?
I buy my kids clothing as-needed, not per yom tov, and always from the mid/end of season sales rack, the timing of which next to never matches the seasonal necessities of the holiday in question.

mig100

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 5:19 pm
Teomima wrote:
Really? No option for 'none'?
I buy my kids clothing as-needed, not per yom tov, and always from the mid/end of season sales rack, the timing of which next to never matches the seasonal necessities of the holiday in question.

Agreed. Sorry op and superwify- if I hyjaked ur thread.

I'm not at all claiming to b the must frugel
.id spend money on lots of things- brand new in style clothing for toddler- who won't let them last too long is not high on my list.

Though too each their own. Doesn't bother me what others do. Not at all. Wink

mha3484

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 5:23 pm
I do the same with my oldest who is in elementary school. He wears the same white shirts and pants all year round. I buy them any time I see a good price.

My littler ones have more seasonal clothing like sweater vests, corduroy pants etc which by pesach time this year will be a little sweaty so for them I will get some new pants at least before yomtov.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 5:25 pm
I buy clothing in honor of YT because they will inevitably need clothing in the next size, and there's an inyan to davka buy for YT. If anyone is using hand me downs we save those for YT and it feels new to them.

ETA I definitely shop end of season sales in a size up and save for the next YT. This works well for shoes, boys suits, and accessories.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:47 pm
I have to see what they need but yes, I will need to make sure that they have clothing for YT, as we live in a cold area and are going somewhere much warmer (to family) for Pesach. My oldest DDs outfits from last year don't fit her. I try to have the kids have around 3 Shabbos outfits, which may or may not include a robe or Shabbos pajamas. My kids tend to get dirty or have accidents so I need to make sure that they are covered. I do keep clothing from one child to another, and use stuff given to me that is in good shape.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 12:08 am
mig100 wrote:
Agreed. Sorry op and superwify- if I hyjaked ur thread.

I'm not at all claiming to b the must frugel
.id spend money on lots of things- brand new in style clothing for toddler- who won't let them last too long is not high on my list.

Though too each their own. Doesn't bother me what others do. Not at all. Wink

We must be reading different threads, because I saw no mention in the OP of "brand new" or "in style" or even of spending very much money.

I'm not planning on buying any clothes for my toddler for Pesach, because he thankfully has hand-me-downs from his older brother. But when my oldest boy was a toddler, I bought him two outfits for Pesach, because no one else gave me hand-me-downs, he had outgrown or was outgrowing his winter clothing, and he needed Shabbosdik clothing that fit (and also was less heavy than the winter sweaters). As it happens, the outfits were bought second-hand and were not "brand new" or "in style" and they didn't cost all that much, but if I was responding to this thread at that time, those details would have been meaningless, given that OP just wants a number.

You are conflating the need to dress a child appropriately (which is to say, clothing that fits, is appropriate for the season, and looks appropriate for Shabbos and Yom Tov) with spending a fortune clothing a toddler in haute couture. Since we no longer have annanei hakavod to wash and extend our children's clothing, we all need to procure appropriate clothing for our children somehow, and if you're not fortunate enough to have hand-me-downs from older children or others, it probably involves buying.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 7:57 am
ONlY one outfit.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 3:53 pm
Deleted because I hadn't bothered to read the title of the post.

No toddlers any more.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics