Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
NJ/PA communities

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:44 am
Looking to move near my husband’s new office. Please give me info on communities in NJ and PA NOT Lakewood, Teaneck, or Passaic.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 12:55 am
Where is the office? NJ/PA is a large area.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:03 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Where is the office? NJ/PA is a large area.

Near Engelwood

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 3:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Near Engelwood

Why is Teaneck not an option? It's the biggest community close by. If too MO for you, then Passaic is the nearest yeshivish community. Why is that not an option?

There's Elizabeth, Linden and Edison/Highland Park. All are a bit of a commute.

You can live on the Upper West Side, which has both MO and more right wing types and gives your husband a reverse commute.

samantha87

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Near Engelwood

What are you looking for besides proximity to Englewood?

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 5:35 pm
Also in Bergen County: Bergenfield, Tenafly, Paramus, Fair Lawn, Fort Lee, Hackensack. There are many small communities throughout northern NJ. I don't know of any part of Pennsylvania that is a reasonable commute to Englewood. What sort of community are you looking for?

studying_torah

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 8:48 pm
Also Springfield & Livingston- smaller mo communities

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:42 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Why is Teaneck not an option? It's the biggest community close by. If too MO for you, then Passaic is the nearest yeshivish community. Why is that not an option?

There's Elizabeth, Linden and Edison/Highland Park. All are a bit of a commute.

You can live on the Upper West Side, which has both MO and more right wing types and gives your husband a reverse commute.

Teaneck is too MO for us and Passaic has gotten too crowded. Her commute within an hour.
Manhattan is too expensive and we have a bunch of kids so city life wouldn’t be ideal. I’ve heard of Edison, Elizabeth, and cherry hill but idk anything about them and what cost of living is like 🤷‍♀️

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 9:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Teaneck is too MO for us and Passaic has gotten too crowded. Her commute within an hour.
Manhattan is too expensive and we have a bunch of kids so city life wouldn’t be ideal. I’ve heard of Edison, Elizabeth, and cherry hill but idk anything about them and what cost of living is like 🤷‍♀️

What about Bergenfield?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:05 pm
Would you consider monsey? It would be a very easy commute.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 10:07 pm
Cherry Hill is a suburb of Philadelphia, no where near Englewood (at least 1 1/2 hours with no traffic, considerably longer at rush hour). Edison is about an hour from Englewood. Elizabeth is the most do-able of the three. Keep in mind that driving toward Englewood is also toward NYC, and traffic can be intense at rush hour.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 12:05 am
If you want a commute under an hour, nothing in PA or South Jersey works. Monsey is an option, though in the morning it can be close to an hour.

If you have kids, have you thought about what schools you want? That will be a major factor in choosing where to live.

leaf

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:52 am
you may want to look into Washington Heights. Geographically it should be an easy commute. I made aliyah 20 yrs ago so I don't have up to date info, but I beleive it is hashkafically similair to passaic and more affordable than other areas in manhattan. I don't know what ages live there currently...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating