Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. Oren Koslowe Pediatric GI East Brunswick, NJ

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 3:37 pm
Anyone use him? Can you please share your experience?
We are scheduled to see him with my young daughter. She has been complaining of stomachaches. Initially, pediatrician said nothing is wrong. Last week did blood tests for celiac. It came back with a weak positive and also immunoglobulin A was off. In light of that they are sending her to GI. Anything to know in advance? Is it likely they will do an endoscopy at a future visit to verify. ?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 4:11 pm
I’m in Lakewood and use him for my daughter with crohns
He came highly recommended by my pediatrician and others.
My pediatrician originally thought it was celiac based on blood work but he immediately thought crohns.

He is fantastic. Nice and thorough. Takes the time to really talk to you and explain things. Great bedside manner with my daughter. The office runs very on time - our appt is always the first but is pretty fast. They ask you always come 15 minutes early. He does spend a lot of time with you.

The hospital that he uses for testing has a great pediatric unit. All testing there has gone great. I haven’t been as thrilled with test done in regular unit. Not as gentle nurses or clear instructions.

He does give natural choices over drugs and even pushes it but is very realistic about kids being kids. Like he’d rather my daughter be on temp liquid diet then the heavy drugs she is on. But realizes she can’t right now.

He responds to email and calls very quickly. In the beginning I was contacting him all the time and always heard back.

We did have one incident that put my dd in the hospital. I felt they were negligent but my pediatrician said he felt they were very responsive - emailing me daily - and that what happened was out of the norm.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 4:14 pm
Thanks for the information. That was very helpful! May your daughter continue to thrive and be healthy !

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 4:25 pm
We like him too. (We use him at a different medical center.) Very good with ds, with explaining what is happening and working through what lifestyle changes are realistic for him. A nice balance of medical and natural recommendations, with flexibility where it makes sense. And yes, he gets back to us pretty quickly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics