Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Newborn with sixth finger

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 11:49 pm
My baby was born with two pinkies on left hand. Were looking into operating. I know it's fairly common, anyone experienced this? Would love to hear from you how the procedure went, recovery time, which Dr. you used, etc.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 11:53 pm
Sorry, no experience with this but I knew someone whose baby was born with 2 thumbs. After a few months they operated at a Manhattan hospital.
Call echo 718-859-9800 for a top doctor referral.
Hatzlocha

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Oct 27 2019, 11:55 pm
Don’t have personal experience but my SIL was born with the same. They operated after a few months and she wore baby gloves till then. She’s turning 17 now and no one would be the wiser Smile. (If she didn’t periodically joke about it)

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 12:07 am
Runs in my family. Several in the family had (Part of a condition which is sometimes hereditary and may have other symptoms). Used different doctors. Best one was a plastic surgeon.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 12:29 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Don’t have personal experience but my SIL was born with the same. They operated after a few months and she wore baby gloves till then.

I put my baby in mittens too but lasted for one week Smile I dont even realise it's there anymore.. we wanna go with dr Upton in boston, looks like he has quite a wait time though. Banging head

Yummymummy3

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 6:52 am
I used to look after a baby that had 12 fingers and 12 toes. She had the extras removed when she was very young and bh seemed to be fine straight away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics