Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
We're in galus because...s/o
Previous  1  2  3

my mama

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:18 am
Because the chessed in Klal Yisroel is so amazing and Hashem loves to watch his people being nice to each others!

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:35 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
My grandmother had kasha as the holy food byirusha- how many of us eat that today? She wouldnt recognize acai or charcuterie at all. And borsht was her holy grail of drinks. So sad how low we’ve fallen

Then the geula sheleima will come in the zechus of my grandma, who faithfully makes kasha every DAY!!!
And bizchus my grandpa who EATS kasha every day!
Annon because I think she's pretty unique Wink

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:09 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
With all due respect, why are you applying that standard to this poster and no one else’s? No one else who gave an answer said they were perfect in that area and they don’t have to - we can say sinas chinam is the reason for galus while not claiming to be perfect in that area - and while striving to be better in it.

If it’s that you don’t like tznius being used as the reason for galus, fair enough, but in that case rebut the poster’s point directly. The poster above put forth a reasoned argument and deserves such a response in kind.

For example, I would be interested in hearing a response to the quote from Chazal that galus came from the women wearing attracting eye shadow. How should we interpret that and what does that mean for us today?

First BHMK or second?
And what do our contemporary neviim say?
Oh wait. There are no contemporary neviim. I would say though, that if one has a personal relationship with a mentor/rabbi/rebbetzin/similar, ask what they suggest you personally working on.

dovebird

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:49 pm
Definitely because people celebrate Thanksgiving only once a year! Thanksgiving is EVERY day in our house. We have turkey and the whole deal. Sometimes when we get sick of turkey we have brisket. Or lamb. Or chicken. Or chicken nuggets. LOL

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:40 pm
One only needs to look at the secular world to see where the main test is today. It's clear that the challenges today are in the area of immorality/ immodesty. The world has never been so immoral and so immodest. Unfortunately these challenges have entered the frum world too.
What's become acceptable in dress and head coverings today would never have been acceptable years ago. The topic is most probably the most disliked subject - who ever wants to hear about tznius and kisui rosh?
No judgement here- I have tons to work on in this area. But it seems pretty obvious that something is up with this topic- it's just so hard to makes changes in this area, much more than in any other area. Most other mitzvos are easy to keep today- tznius is by far the most challenging for most women (and shmiras ainayim for men)
I'm going to get the source about the blue eyeshadow- but I know it's written straight out in the navi Yeshaya

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:15 pm
dovebird wrote:
Definitely because people celebrate Thanksgiving only once a year! Thanksgiving is EVERY day in our house. We have turkey and the whole deal. Sometimes when we get sick of turkey we have brisket. Or lamb. Or chicken. Or chicken nuggets. LOL

Turkey is really good for you but I agree that it is easy to get sick of. Try gribbenes, helzel, and shnecken. And be thankful if you survive.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics