Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Spinoff/ money does help.........thread

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 2:08 am
I am thinking about this. I know someone well who has a mental health issue. (basically she got married and she started having mental health issues) She is young and has a baby. THe doctor keeps telling her that if she would do certain things (go to a therapist once a week and come to him for follow up every few weeks) she has a 100% chance of getting better...........
The issue is MONEY. Her parents have NONE!!! They cannot put bread on the table, her highschool sister is wearing a sweatshirt because no money for a coat etc. She has NO money and its complicated.
Are these the situations that people talk about when they say that too bad! Without money she will remain a mess...........
I am really hurting for her but I do not have extra money to give her (struggling myself)
I called all the mental health organizations and got nowhere.

So yes......Money does make things better! But sometimes Hashem does not want things to be better.....???!!

banana123

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 2:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am thinking about this. I know someone well who has a mental health issue. (basically she got married and she started having mental health issues) She is young and has a baby. THe doctor keeps telling her that if she would do certain things (go to a therapist once a week and come to him for follow up every few weeks) she has a 100% chance of getting better...........
The issue is MONEY. Her parents have NONE!!! They cannot put bread on the table, her highschool sister is wearing a sweatshirt because no money for a coat etc. She has NO money and its complicated.
Are these the situations that people talk about when they say that too bad! Without money she will remain a mess...........
I am really hurting for her but I do not have extra money to give her (struggling myself)
I called all the mental health organizations and got nowhere.

So yes......Money does make things better! But sometimes Hashem does not want things to be better.....???!!

Is there no one in the community who can fund this? No gemach or anything? Not something that she'd have to pay back.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 3:18 am
banana123 wrote:
Is there no one in the community who can fund this? No gemach or anything? Not something that she'd have to pay back.

I know too many people in this situation.
Unfortunately.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 6:13 am
Israel or USA?

ROFL

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 6:16 am
Maybe she can’t afford that therapist or psychatrist. But there are other therapist who work on a sliding scale or accept insurance. Please make sure she sees someone even if they are not the “best”. It is better than seeing nobody.
If you tell us where in general you are we can help you find a clinic to go to where it will be cheaper or possibly free

banana123

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 7:27 am
ROFL wrote:
Maybe she can’t afford that therapist or psychatrist. But there are other therapist who work on a sliding scale or accept insurance. Please make sure she sees someone even if they are not the “best”. It is better than seeing nobody.
If you tell us where in general you are we can help you find a clinic to go to where it will be cheaper or possibly free

I disagree. A bad therapist can do a lot of harm.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 9:05 am
Please, post the girls coat size, I'm sure somebody here has one to give away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics