Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Masbia food distribution

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 4:48 pm
There have been a couple of threads recently of people who were lacking money for food, and so I wanted to share that Masbia has a food distribution on Wednesdays, and this week they are distributing many quality items including fish and chicken, along with Chanuka chachkes for families, and delicious fresh fruits etc.

This food is meant for you!! Please contact them (718) 289-0635 and get what you need to give you and your family a freilichen Chanuka.

I sometimes volunteer there and would love to see more needy jewish families benefitting.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 5:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There have been a couple of threads recently of people who were lacking money for food, and so I wanted to share that Masbia has a food distribution on Wednesdays, and this week they are distributing many quality items including fish and chicken, along with Chanuka chachkes for families, and delicious fresh fruits etc.

This food is meant for you!! Please contact them (718) 289-0635 and get what you need to give you and your family a freilichen Chanuka.

I sometimes volunteer there and would love to see more needy jewish families benefitting.

Masbia is a wonderful organization that deserves all sorts of accolations. Thank you for reminding me to donate.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 5:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think you should clarify that they can’t just walk in without registering in advance.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 5:11 pm
Okay, as far as I know they do have distribution hours that you can just come by and take (for info I guess call) or there are signs on the wall of their center.
It may be that for the more quality items, you need to register. Again, calling in advance will answer all the questions.

I usually volunteer on Shabbos so I am not familiar with all the details of the distribution.

bsy

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 5:16 pm
For the distribution every week you do not need to register or show ID. Anyone can come and take as far as I know.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 7:57 pm
bsy wrote:
For the distribution every week you do not need to register or show ID. Anyone can come and take as far as I know.

I volunteer there sometimes and I have seen people signing in and giving their phone number since Masbia does need to have some sort of way to keep track of the amount of people they service and you can only take food from the pantry once a week so that is another way they keep track. You can eat dinner there every night but get pantry items once a week.

Go to the Boro Park location for the best pantry items.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 9:48 pm
Can u verify the address in boro park and if anyone can really come ? I once went to the flatbush location and was treated very nastily there. They were giving out tickets with numbers and being relay mean

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:20 pm
5402 New Utrecht Avenue. Why don't you call the office tomorrow morning.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 11:08 pm
Is there a distribution in Lakewood?

mirib

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 9:24 pm
In bp you need to register name phone no household attached is their schedule
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfr.....63114
If u need translation pm me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics