Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Necklace

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:25 pm
Hi was wonder if u can help me out here. My husband bought me a necklace for succos. I loved it first but then on Yom Tov I didn’t enjoy it. It was smaller and looked cheaper then it was. I took it back to the store. She said I can exchange it but convinced me to keep it. All winter I’m mamish eating myself over it. It wasn’t cheap. Looks like a nothing and does nothing to me. I wish I can go in and exchange it. My husband is a great talker for these thing so he’d be the best person to go back to the store. But I don’t wanna tell him I don’t like it cuz I know I
Have slim chances of them doing anything about it. Do u think the store will still take it back? Should I just learn to like it??

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:36 pm
The sentiment and the price tag value should mean something to you. If it doesn't, then nothing will.

next time your DH wants to get you jewelry, perhaps ask him to put that sum toward something else which is meaningful to you. I don't think trading it in would help you. Meanwhile, you can think of DH every time you put it on, and you can cherish that.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:40 pm
I don't think the store would take something back that you got 6 months ago. And you wore it already, you can't return it.
It's not so nice to say that a gift DH got you looks like a nothing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:45 pm
Ok relax. I appreciate and value it immensely. It just hurts me that something he paid so much money for doesn’t look the value. I wish I can trade it for somthing more valuable LOOKING for the price he spent. Don’t just start bashing I asked an innocent question

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi was wonder if u can help me out here. My husband bought me a necklace for succos. I loved it first but then on Yom Tov I didn’t enjoy it. It was smaller and looked cheaper then it was. I took it back to the store. She said I can exchange it but convinced me to keep it. All winter I’m mamish eating myself over it. It wasn’t cheap. Looks like a nothing and does nothing to me. I wish I can go in and exchange it. My husband is a great talker for these thing so he’d be the best person to go back to the store. But I don’t wanna tell him I don’t like it cuz I know I
Have slim chances of them doing anything about it. Do u think the store will still take it back? Should I just learn to like it??

Go in and see if they'll take it back, remind them that they said you could exchange it. If they say no, at least your dh won't have to know that you tried.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 9:26 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Go in and see if they'll take it back, remind them that they said you could exchange it. If they say no, at least your dh won't have to know that you tried.

I agree. Remind them that you came in once, were convinced to reconsider, but really want to exchange..

Unless you've worn it a lot since then, like it's used now and can't be restocked.

And I totally get your dilemma, I've been in similar situations.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics