Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Best Car Seat for INFANT

queen

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:54 am
Looking for advice from those with experience (plus from those who have done research) on the best car seat available in the USA for newborns/infants.

Thanks in advance
Queen

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:17 pm
I was told the Graco is the safest (and lightest!).

nicole81

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:27 pm
I love the graco snugride. it also snaps right into the matching carriage I have.

I have also heard GREAT things about the britax roundabout, which can be used for newborns-toddlers. it holds from 5-40 lbs and can be used rear facing for an infant and front facing for an older child.

shoy18

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:29 pm
I did a lot of research on carseats and from all the research Ive seen the safest carseats are the Britax, they have an infant seat that snaps in and out, they also have the convertiable ones, depends what you most need it for. However the gracco infant seat is right up there on the list, it is the lightest and much more affordable. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY MY OWN CONCLUSIONS ON RESEARCH I DID MYSELF (so please no one jump down my throat)

arc

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:36 pm
There is a book called "Baby Bargains" It costs $19 and reviews every possible baby product on the market today. You can try the library, but you want to make sure to get the most recent version (2005). I've read most of the book and they give solid reasons for their opinions.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 3:22 pm
Quote:
the Graco is the safest (and lightest!).

From experiance the Graco metropolitan carseat matching w/h stroller in otherwords 2004/5 models r HEAVY they weigh almost as much as my baby w/hout them even being inside!

queen

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 3:35 pm
arc wrote:
There is a book called "Baby Bargains" It costs $19 and reviews every possible baby product on the market today.

I'll have to scout this out on amazon....

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 4:51 pm
snugride is good cuz it's a carrier and fits in graco strollers, however, it's only good until 20 lbs/26 inches -- about 6 months. you have to decide if it's worthwhile for you. we got it, b/c it was good for a plane trip

Yael

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 3:57 pm
I vote for the graco. 8)

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 4:16 pm
Pss yael do u own anything not graco Tongue Out or do u just advertise 4 them u definatley should get commission Wink

Didi

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 7:42 pm
the snugride now comes up to 22lbs and either 29 or 30inches depending on the car seat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics