Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I havent worn make up in months
Previous  1  2

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:43 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
im just as guily, but just thinking how its such a funny thing that we get dressed to go out, yet not when we are home with dh- if anything it should be the opposite, as he is the one we want to be attractive too. I have to work on this

For us, when we're home Dh likes when I don't wear lipstick, and when I feel comfortable.
When we're out and not going to be kissing anyway, he likes when I dress up if I so desire.
Same here - I like when Dh Is comfy and happy at home, and smartly dressed when we're out together.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:52 am
I can't remember the last time I wore a sheitel. Maybe 5 years ago?

They itch and give me a migraine, and I've tried several different styles, including a fall. I'm perfectly happy in my pretty scarves.

I also am not wearing makeup, and I have great skin. When I go out, why bother wearing lipstick when it's just going to smear all over the inside of your mask? I'm not doing my nails either, because when I'm out I'm always wearing gloves. My body needs to breathe once in a while!

If I go out in super bright light, I'll put on some light foundation that has a high SPF sunscreen. If I want to be fancy, I'll define my eyebrows. Usually I don't bother, or just plain forget to.

I'm alone for Shabbos and Yom Tov, so I wear a pretty, but comfortable dress or robe. No heels (I don't even own any.)

I am very feminine and pretty, and I don't disrespect any of our holy days. You don't need to be miserable to be a bas melech. Our beauty is within.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:25 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I have beautiful shimmery tichels that make me feel like a shabbos /yom tov queen. I pair them with makeup and my diamond jewelry. It's definitely dressy enough. Hashem doesn't need me to feel uncomfortable in a sheitel.

She doesn’t wear beautiful shimmery Tichels.
She doesn’t care. I know

Y can’t people on ima mother take what the person who posts as truth. Never understand this. Whatever ....

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:12 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I can't remember the last time I wore a sheitel. Maybe 5 years ago?

They itch and give me a migraine, and I've tried several different styles, including a fall. I'm perfectly happy in my pretty scarves.

I also am not wearing makeup, and I have great skin. When I go out, why bother wearing lipstick when it's just going to smear all over the inside of your mask? I'm not doing my nails either, because when I'm out I'm always wearing gloves. My body needs to breathe once in a while!

If I go out in super bright light, I'll put on some light foundation that has a high SPF sunscreen. If I want to be fancy, I'll define my eyebrows. Usually I don't bother, or just plain forget to.

I'm alone for Shabbos and Yom Tov, so I wear a pretty, but comfortable dress or robe. No heels (I don't even own any.)

I am very feminine and pretty, and I don't disrespect any of our holy days. You don't need to be miserable to be a bas melech. Our beauty is within.

Are you saying I’m miserable?

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:56 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Are you saying I’m miserable?

No she's saying she doesn't need to make herself feel uncomfortable and miserable to meet someone else's standards.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics