Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I need help- a wig for my shape face

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 8:53 am
I bought a new wig.
It doesn’t look nice on me.
I bought a wig last year too but somethings not right with how it looks on me.
The hair is nice. I’m using top wig stylists so they’re cutting right.
It’s not the wig. It’s me.

I’m very short. Just 5 ft tall.
I’m also 10 lbs overnight.
I have a round face with a little double chin, a little sagging neck.
I’m in my 40’s.

I don’t think I should be wearing long wigs anymore.
Please, please tell me what type of cut would look good on my face (and short, chubby body).
I feel like I’m wearing someone else’s wig. My wigs are nice, but they do nothing for me.
I get dressed, put on makeup, spend money on updating my wigs... but I just don’t look good.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:13 am
I suggest you try a different stylist, and be very clear about how you feel about your face shape. I really don't like the "one style fits all" look that so many women have these days. Start thinking outside of the box a little.

Do you have layers around your face? That's usually the problem with round faces. When you get your sheitel styled, see if they can curl the layers away from your face, so they don't fall forward.

Hair that is cut in a bob, with straight sides, and touches your shoulders, can be slimming. Too many curls will definitely make you look "fuller volume".

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 9:19 am
Op I struggle with the same!
I tried diff stylists, they all try to push Whats trendy.

I find cutting the front to shorter layers works.
Not one long drabby length of hair.

Also, side bangs. But those are old fashioned...

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 10:22 am
Don't worry about old fashioned. Side bangs are most flattering for you. No bangs and straight across fringe bangs won't look good on you. Try on a few wigs and take a selfie. Buy what you like best. I can't speak for you but for me looking good trumps looking trendy.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 10:47 am
I'm a similar height and slightly overweight. I find the way my face looks slimmer is by having my wig styled with height. When the top is flat, it makes it look worse.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 2:50 pm
Layers that are fuller on top and sleeker on bottom to balance out the face. Angles to provide a bit of definition.

I sound like I know what I'm talking about; I don't... But it's a start Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 2:54 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I'm a similar height and slightly overweight. I find the way my face looks slimmer is by having my wig styled with height. When the top is flat, it makes it look worse.

Can you find a picture online with hair or a wig styled with height to show me? I’m not sure I know what you mean but I’m very interested.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Aug 25 2020, 3:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you find a picture online with hair or a wig styled with height to show me? I’m not sure I know what you mean but I’m very interested.

I'm not sure about how to put a picture but basically instead of the current fashion for very flat hair on top, the front is swept back over the top and gives a bit of height. Basically a pouf but not too exaggerated.
If you put into google pouf hair, it should give you some idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics