Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Beauty..what is that?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 7:56 am
One says so often this person looks so beautiful.
I`ve got the question what sticks out as beautiful, the way she is dressed, the way her face looks,the make up,the way she stands/walks(she presents herself),the jewlery,The hair style.
What makes a lady look beautiful?

drumjj

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:13 am
beauty is all in the eyes of the beholder. what one person thinks is beautiful an other person may not. they also might mean inner beauty and not physical beauty

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:18 am
I speak physical beauty.
Inner beauty is a very diffrent and deeper topic.

drumjj

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:20 am
it depends on the perception of the other person who is looking at someone and then deciding they are beautiful

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:23 am
To me I would say the face, the body, the hair... but certainly not things that are not "part" of the person, like jewelry, make up...

MrsS

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:50 am
I think a good hair style makes a person look good.
Bc of that we have to have it coverd.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:53 am
honestly a person could be beautiful - but if they frown and are never happy that beauty can be lost - sometimes its make-up, sometimes the clothing or hair, sometimes the simplisticness of a person with a smile and eyes that speak to the soul ...

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:53 am
Not everyone learned haircovering is to cover the beauty. Or we would cover our face too. lol

First Lady

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 10:01 am
The face and the figure to me.
To me the outer things like hairstyle, make-up, jewelry, clothing can enhance the face or figure but don't make the person.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 10:56 am
I find that its how a person carries themselves.
self confidence, and inner beauty radiate on the outside, making a plain jane look beautiful.
Of course, we see many beatiful ppl walking around, and its just that. it is what Hashem bestowed upon them, nothing that they did.

so in my book, a beautiful person is someone that u wouldnt think of as beautiful in a conventional way, but because they are beautiful in a unique form.

gold21

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 11:17 am
face and figure, as someone said already

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 11:50 am
I also forgot to add that I love it when a person has natural beauty. if they can run out without any makeup on, and still look great.
au natural.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 11:52 am
There was a song from my day "Tall and tan and young and lovely..."

smile

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 2:27 pm
Quote:
I think a good hair style makes a person look good

I agree with that. I also find that make up can make a difference. if I look tired it shows on my face. but with a bit of make up you can hide it.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 2:51 pm
People look better when they smile/are happy.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 3:26 pm
gold21 wrote:
face and figure, as someone said already

I agree totaly

wif

Post Thu, Jan 24 2008, 3:58 pm
I saw a study done in which it was seen that a composite of 40 faces was more beautiful that one, or five...the more faces added to the computerized composite, the more beautiful. Aparently the reason for that is symetry. The more pefect the symetry, the more pleasing the face. They say that is Cindy Crawford's draw, that she has near-perfect symetry. And it explains why one person can technically have beautiful features--let's say a small nose and big blue eyes or whatever--and still not be as beautiful as their average-nosed brown-eyed friend.

louche

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
I speak physical beauty.
Inner beauty is a very diffrent and deeper topic.

Not entirely. perception of a person's looks is very much influenced by one's attitude towards that person. That's why all parents think their baby is the cutest in the world.

I once knew someone who , to put it mildly, would have made a good model for the "before" picture in a plastic surgeon's promotional ad. BUT--she was the absolutely kindest, sweetest, nicest person in the world! Five minutes after meeting her you didn't even notice her looks any more.

Standards of physical beauty vary from culture to culture and from generation to generation. Usually whatever implies health and wealth is considered beautiful. thus, smooth skin, symmetrical features, straight limbs, firm flesh, abundant and shiny hair, bright eyes and full eyelashes are pretty much universally admired in both sexes.

Fashions come and go--sometimes dark hair is the rage, sometimes blonde; sometimes bee-stung lips are in and sometimes almost invisible ones. But that's fashion and not beauty. There are odd quirks now and then, like the "Camille" era in which the dying-of-consumption look was in. But not really. No one was interested in the genuine consumptive look--the shortness of breath, the blood-streaked handkerchiefs, the sweat-soaked nightgowns--just the interesting pale and wan look that implied secret sorrow and tragic romance.

ironically, whatever is hardest to achieve is the most admired. extreme thinness is considered desirable only in societies where food is plentiful and cheap. Where there's not enough food to go around, plumpness is a sign of health, wealth and beauty. pale skin is cultivated in societies where most people labor in the sun, while tanned skin is admired in societies where most people labor indoors and only the rich can afford to play in the sun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics