Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Baby Names
Previous  1  2

JEWISHMAMA

Post Tue, Jul 05 2005, 4:40 am
how about rivka naama meaning beautiful friend or sarah ruchama mearciful princess. I love names that mean something and then you can see if the baby actually turns out that way.

Rivka

Post Sat, Jul 09 2005, 8:38 pm
Chavamom, that;s the book I bought.

timeout

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 4:47 pm
How about Shprintza, or Yom Tov Lipa or Yisroes Alter Binyomin, Shabsy Yehuda Simcha they're definitely a mouthful Very Happy

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 5:06 pm
timeout lol LOL

buba123

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 10:09 am
Timeout -
You're not making fun of us are you LOL LOL ???!!!! Tovah'le?!!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 10:32 pm
my husband prefers SINGLE BIBLICAL names.
My grandmother's THIRD name was Babsha -- not a very common name, but back then it was more common. She was sick when she was younger and it was added, meaning she should become a "bobby." Now...my brother DID name his baby the full 3 names, but if my next kid is a girl, will I be expected to name her all 3 names as well? We prefer one of the names (the 2nd) which is from the Torah, as well.... HMMMM Can't make everyone happy, can you?

chavamom

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 11:20 pm
I have heard certain rebbeim say that you are not doing your child any favors by giving them a name that will subject them to ridicule by their peers, even if it was your beloved bobbe's name! One of my friends who went by the name "Lizzie" but was named 'Geneshe Pesia' said she wished her parents had heard of this shita!

supermom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 7:21 am
chavamom wrote:
I like Shir Simi Smadar's (I think that's the name!) book The Complete Book of Hebrew Baby Names. It will tell you where the name comes from and if it has a negative connotation, etc.

I thought you liked the name shir simi smadar and that is what you were going to call your next daughter Very Happy

curly

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 6:03 pm
I happen to like unusual names.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names