Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Tracking ballots in nyc

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:00 pm
I wasn't sure where to put this question since its not really political.

I mailed in absentee ballot in nyc. Where can I track if the ballot was received?

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wasn't sure where to put this question since its not really political.

I mailed in absentee ballot in nyc. Where can I track if the ballot was received?

https://nycabsentee.com/tracking

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:21 pm
Fyi, I don't know about NY, but in NJ, your ballot be labeled "received" until the state closes out the election. When they do that, you will see if it was accepted or rejected.

NJ ballot look-up:

https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/auth/sign-in

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:21 pm
I did actually check there and all it tells me is that I was delivered an absentee ballot. I'm trying to confirm when they received my filled out ballot.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did actually check there and all it tells me is that I was delivered an absentee ballot. I'm trying to confirm when they received my filled out ballot.

Mine wasn’t received even though it was returned weeks ago. I’d suggest you go vote in person just in case.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

IN NY? That means they haven't gotten it back. It should update at ever part of the process: when you mail it back, when it's received, if it's valid, etc

What I would do if I were you: GO VOTE. An in-person vote cancels out the absentee ballot. The polls are open till 9, I think, maybe earlier.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:29 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Mine wasn’t received even though it was returned weeks ago. I’d suggest you go vote in person just in case.

Great minds! That's why I waited in line to vote on Sunday, same reason.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:37 pm
If I would have been able to go in person, I wouldn't request an absentee ballot. How long does it take to show up? Both, my husband's and mine, were mailed and postmarked Friday

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If I would have been able to go in person, I wouldn't request an absentee ballot. How long does it take to show up? Both, my husband's and mine, were mailed and postmarked Friday

Mine took nearly two weeks to show up on the site; when I didn't see it Sunday, I made the choice to vote. I don't know how many days after election day they have to get there and still count. Maybe google that?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 5:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The mail is slow. I doubt its been received yet. If postmarked before today, it should be counted, depending on where you live.

My husband's is marked "received - valid"

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 6:01 pm
NY resident here. I mailed mine back Friday, and the site listed above shows that it was scanned by USPS, but still hasn't actually been delivered back. Is that sufficient, since it will presumably be delivered within the window to be counted, or should I go out and vote in person? And if I go in person, do I explain to them the situation with the absentee ballot to avoid any issues, since I thought it's a crime to vote twice?

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 6:04 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
NY resident here. I mailed mine back Friday, and the site listed above shows that it was scanned by USPS, but still hasn't actually been delivered back. Is that sufficient, since it will presumably be delivered within the window to be counted, or should I go out and vote in person? And if I go in person, do I explain to them the situation with the absentee ballot to avoid any issues, since I thought it's a crime to vote twice?

It's not a crime in NY to vote in person if you sent in an absentee. The absentee will be destroyed if you vote.

I can't tell you what to do about the rest
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries