Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Kids were exposed with people that just tested positive for

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:35 am
I just came home from after giving birth, my 2 kids stayed by someone that just tested positive. I have a new born in the house , how can I protect my new born ? And btw my new born woke up with runny nose. Not that I think it has anything related with the Corona, just how do I protect my baby from now? That person my kids stayed by just notified me, and my kids touched my baby till this morning. I'm really worried .

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:38 am
This is a question for your pediatrician

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:40 am
Is there a way for you to stay in your bedroom and isolate yourself from the family?

Doesn't really seem doable.

How about ask your pediatrician for advice.

Hatzlacha rabba and Mazel tov!

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:42 am
How many days have your kids been at home with you?

Many docs say that people are contagious for 48 hrs before showing symptoms. Have they been home for 2 days already? That may lessen the issue.

Please please speak to your dr

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:42 am
What’s the timeline? Did they come home within 48 hours of symptom onset or diagnosis of their host? If not, according to current cdc guidelines they don’t need to quarantine. I’d still be overly cautious and keep them away from the baby though. Mazal tov!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:48 am
Can't Believe It Oh for the love of puppies. What is WRONG with people?

Mazel tov on your new baby. I am so sorry that at this happy, vulnerable time, you have this kind of stress on you.

I bentch you that your kids have amazing immune systems, that they didn't bring home the virus, and that you and your baby are safe and healthy.

Consider starting them on the Zinc, Vitamin D, etc. protocol that everyone is talking about. I'm sure someone her on the board can help you with that.

I don't know if self isolating with the baby is doable, especially if your other kids are young. At the very least, keep the other kids 6 feet from the baby, and get on top of them to wash their hands often. If you have older kids, this would be the perfect time to get them to take over the younger ones.

If you can find a mother's helper who's already had Covid, it would be worth it to hire her to help out with the other kids for a week or two, until you know that everything is OK.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:50 am
Last year prepandemic my daughter came down with the flu when my baby was 5 days old. I camped out in my room with baby, and my husband took care of kid with flu. He washed his hands really well every time he touched the sick kid. Baby and I did not catch it. It was really tough but we made it through.

amother
White

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:51 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Can't Believe It Oh for the love of puppies. What is WRONG with people?

Mazel tov on your new baby. I am so sorry that at this happy, vulnerable time, you have this kind of stress on you.

I bentch you that your kids have amazing immune systems, that they didn't bring home the virus, and that you and your baby are safe and healthy.

Consider starting them on the Zinc, Vitamin D, etc. protocol that everyone is talking about. I'm sure someone her on the board can help you with that.

I don't know if self isolating with the baby is doable, especially if your other kids are young. At the very least, keep the other kids 6 feet from the baby, and get on top of them to wash their hands often. If you have older kids, this would be the perfect time to get them to take over the younger ones.

If you can find a mother's helper who's already had Covid, it would be worth it to hire her to help out with the other kids for a week or two, until you know that everything is OK.

What's wrong with people? Who did something wrong?

Op, this is something you must contact your pediatrician about. Please get detailed instructions for your exact situation. Also mention the runny nose, as that's something the pediatrician should be aware of even without covid in the mix.

realb

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:07 am
I tested positive for covid at the hospital when I gave birth. I nursed my baby like regular. my pediatrician said babies dont get sick from covid. my baby was fine BH.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:33 am
Babies do get sick with covid. My first cousin just lost her infant b to covid. Please don't make blanket statements like that.

Having said that, please don't panic. Use normal precautions. Keep baby in separate room from the kids and keep washing hands a lot.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:37 am
My friends daughter just tested positive for covid she said no one needs to quarantine the girls needs to stay home till symptoms are gone.

realb

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:38 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Babies do get sick with covid. My first cousin just lost her infant b to covid. Please don't make blanket statements like that.

Having said that, please don't panic. Use normal precautions. Keep baby in separate room from the kids and keep washing hands a lot.

I'm sorry to hear that! That's terrible. perhaps my doctor wasn't worried because I had no symptoms.

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
My friends daughter just tested positive for covid she said no one needs to quarantine the girls needs to stay home till symptoms are gone.

They need to stay home until 10 days after symptoms appear. Everyone else needs to quarantine for 14 days after coming into contact with the positive case.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:44 am
cnc wrote:
They need to stay home until 10 days after symptoms appear. Everyone else needs to quarantine for 14 days after coming into contact with the positive case.

Not true!! As per her pediatrician and she asked outright. Things are starting to change yet again.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:12 am
A kid in DD class tested positive. The girl and family are staying home for 2 weeks. Chasidish school in Brooklyn

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Not true!! As per her pediatrician and she asked outright. Things are starting to change yet again.

I haven't heard any guidance to this effect.
Can youbpost a source?

Until then, what you are saying is FALSE

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 12:17 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

What I posted is accurate as of this morning.
If you have other information feel free to post a source.

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 12:17 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I haven't heard any guidance to this effect.
Can youbpost a source?

Until then, what you are saying is FALSE

Correct - it is false.

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 12:19 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
A kid in DD class tested positive. The girl and family are staying home for 2 weeks. Chasidish school in Brooklyn

Technically the child’s class is supposed to be quarantined for 14 days from the last exposure to her. Is the child symptomatic?

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:06 pm
cnc wrote:
Technically the child’s class is supposed to be quarantined for 14 days from the last exposure to her. Is the child symptomatic?

This is also in line with the most recent terms I've seen from NYS DOH.

And that includes if a child is staying home due to a precluded symptom, after 48 hours it is assumed positive and contacts need to stay home for the 14 days since exposure etc. until and unless a negative test or specific alternative diagnosis (ie. strep throat, a specific chronic condition, etc, not just "a cold" or "a stomach bug") is provided.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics