Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Which deodorant does your teen daughter use?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:56 pm
DD started with secret stick but she broke out in a rash under her arms after a few weeks.
She’s been using Dove spray and her skin is fine. I noticed the bottle says alcohol free ... I don’t know if that’s why it’s better for her skin. However, the smell is sooo strong. I think it’s powder scent. Her clothing still smells a little from the deodorant after the laundry.
She tells me that sometimes she still sweats so I’m thinking she needs something stronger.
Please tell me what teen girls use. Brand and scent.(I’m a much older mom.)

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 3:18 am
Men's unscented Speed Stick is the best. (Most teen girls use what is marketed toward them, but for some reason, the manufacturers seem to think they want deodorant that stinks of vague florals or powder and isn't very effective.)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 5:35 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Men's unscented Speed Stick is the best. (Most teen girls use what is marketed toward them, but for some reason, the manufacturers seem to think they want deodorant that stinks of vague florals or powder and isn't very effective.)

That’s interesting. It’s probably more effective. You’re right.
DD will probably be going to sleep away camp for the first time this summer. She might be embarrassed bringing along a men’s deodorant. Is there anything comparable made for women?

meme6

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:08 am
Dove spray deodorant

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:10 am
Secret clinical strength

small bean

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:11 am
My dd used to break out also. Ahe ised Toms for a while, it's more natural. Her body has not changed yet so I'm not sure how effective it is. (She startes to wear deodorant in 5th grade, she's now in 8th). She will also use degree from time to time, it's a milder smell.

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:13 am
Either Soft and Dry or Arrid XX. Spray only

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:47 am
Arrid Ultra Clear, Ultra Fresh scent spray

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:47 am
Schmidts

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:59 am
My girls use Dove Spray. They only like the cucumber one. It's pretty mildly scented.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:02 am
Native. Your teens are not into all natural stuff? I guess its just my dd. Its not an anti perspiration though.

bunchagirlies

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:20 am
I used mitchum gel for women as a teen. works very well, doesnt smell very strong, and didn't sting like the others did. Sometimes hard to find in smaller pharmacies, but amazon has it, as well as most mid-large pharmacies.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:29 am
I start my girls w Tom's, an all natural deodorant that is widely available. It comes in various scents, I haven't found one more effective than the other, so get what she likes. If that works, stick with it. It will probably be more that. If not I go for Almay.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:31 am
PS I use Tom's too except on super hot summer days.

SingALong

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 2:10 pm
Caroline for girls

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s interesting. It’s probably more effective. You’re right.
DD will probably be going to sleep away camp for the first time this summer. She might be embarrassed bringing along a men’s deodorant. Is there anything comparable made for women?

If that is a concern, you can very carefully repackage it.

chocolate fondue

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 4:26 pm
Nuud.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 12:06 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....8b3ee

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:41 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....8b3ee

I literally just came here to post that!

I was surprised at how quickly the roll-on mineral deodorants neutralize bad BO. One morning I put it on after my underarms were already stinky (sorry for the tmi) and smelled them again a few minutes after putting on this stuff, which barely has a scent, and wow! Nothing!

When I was a teen I used Arrid spray, which is also pretty strong, but I prefer the natural stuff these days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics