Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Georgetown

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:16 pm
Due to dh job we may have to move to Brooklyn. Everything seems unaffordable, but someone told us they think there's a community in Georgetown that's starting to slowly build up, and its cheaper there... they say they think its a little more to the right the Mil Basin (from what were heard, Mil basin would be too modern for us) but they didn't have much more info... can anyone tell us more? what's the neighborhood like? How many families live there? What schools do people send to? What blocks do people live on? Any shuls? What's the average price of a house?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:21 pm
There’s a Jewish religious real estate agent there. He’s very nice you can ask him questions
Yehuda Katz 646-866-3773

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:31 pm
There's a place in Brooklyn called Georgetown?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 7:20 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
There’s a Jewish religious real estate agent there. He’s very nice you can ask him questions
Yehuda Katz 646-866-3773

Thanks!

OneSource

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 8:02 am
Hi! I happen to live in this unicorn called Georgetown. Yes, there is a growing, young community here. Congregation Beit Hillel of Flatlands is the closest Orthodox shul. Just got a new, young rabbi who schleps in from Flatbush for davening. Good mix of families. My kids go to PPY, friends go to Lev and Chiam Berlin. You def get more house here than Marine Park and it's cheaper than Mill Basin. Feel free to PM any questions...

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 8:59 am
OneSource wrote:
Hi! I happen to live in this unicorn called Georgetown. Yes, there is a growing, young community here. Congregation Beit Hillel of Flatlands is the closest Orthodox shul. Just got a new, young rabbi who schleps in from Flatbush for davening. Good mix of families. My kids go to PPY, friends go to Lev and Chiam Berlin. You def get more house here than Marine Park and it's cheaper than Mill Basin. Feel free to PM any questions...

Is it near Canarsie?

OneSource

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 9:13 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Is it near Canarsie?

Georgetown is on the Mill Basin side of the Paerdegat Basin, and Canarsie is on the other side, East 80th and beyond.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 10:46 am
Georgetown is a nice small growing community, where you'll get more real estate bang for your buck than in many other parts of Brooklyn. But if Mill Basin is too modern for you, I don't know how much happier you'll be in Georgetown.

If you're looking for a really yeshivish community, you may need to go to the more expensive areas in Flatbush (there's a reason they're in demand and more expensive). Could you please clarify more about what you're looking for religiously, so we can advise you whether Georgetown would be a good fit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries