Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o about men shaving

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:48 am
It reminded me of my 17 year old ds that has very thick hairy brows (really overgrown) he has mentioned to me a couple of times that he wants to tweeze out a bit . (I've never mentioned him anything and never would) but I know it bothers him. He is not obsessed or anything, but used to mention it . Actually, he did stop telling me . Would it be anything like concerning or unusual for him to think of this when he doesn't yet have a wife telling him this? (Talking about extreme overgrown messy eyebrows)

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:54 am
When my husband goes for a haircut the barber asks him if he would like his eyebrows cleaned up. I would imagine it takes less than a minute.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 8:58 am
My boys have tweezed their brows (mainly the unibrow) since the age of 12 or 13.
Why would this be alarming?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 9:00 am
Is this something men would need to ask a shailah about?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 9:13 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
My boys have tweezed their brows (mainly the unibrow) since the age of 12 or 13.
Why would this be alarming?

Someone has mentioned on the other thread gay for men that think about it.. so my anxiaty came up, Yet I think its normal to feel uncomfortable if both lines are connected looking. In any case, I dont think a guy would make it seem so obvious looking as a woman.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 9:30 am
I wouldn't think about it. Next time he mentions it I'd say "it's up to you, either ask the barber to touch it up or I can get a tweezer for you".

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 9:40 am
Take him to a barber, and ask the barber to show your son how to do it correctly. If the eyebrow hairs themselves are very long and unruly looking, there is a way to comb them in a certain direction and trim them. You have to do it right so that it looks natural, but just more cleaned up.

And no, it's not "gay". There is nothing "gay" about wanting to look presentable and have good personal hygiene.

(Besides, I know quite a few gay men with bushy beards and eyebrows who would put Santa Claus to shame. They're known as "bears".)

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 9:52 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Is this something men would need to ask a shailah about?

Yes. I think I've heard it's okay if there's a need. If someone has a unibrow and is especially hairy or is more sensory and uncomfortable that's a need.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 9:56 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Yes. I think I've heard it's okay if there's a need. If someone has a unibrow and is especially hairy or is more sensory and uncomfortable that's a need.

So I think the answer to these threads is, look into the halacha, ask a shaila if it's not clear cut.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 10:03 am
PinkFridge wrote:
So I think the answer to these threads is, look into the halacha, ask a shaila if it's not clear cut.

Ask a Rav. ALWAYS.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 10:08 am
DH says that I’m allowed to trim his eyebrows if it bothers me. There some sort of issue for men to do it themselves.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 08 2020, 10:24 am
Iymnok wrote:
DH says that I’m allowed to trim his eyebrows if it bothers me. There some sort of issue for men to do it themselves.

This kind of discussion is useful. It's lets us know things aren't b/w and that there are shailos that can be asked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics