Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
I dont feel its solving the problem

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:48 am
I dont feel like dh is handling my kids properly when it comes to discipline. Of course I cant tell him anything in front of the kids. I never have alone time to discuss it since were both very busy while kids are out , and at home the children are always around. so all I do is beat myself up silently. I dont feel how he handles DC is being helpful in any way . Yes my kids are a handful but we had reached out to mchanchim to advise us how to deal but dh just keeps doing his own things without taking seriously the advices. It hurts me deeply. I guess I'm just venting from pain!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:34 am
Time for a date night!!! Urgently!

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 6:51 pm
I'm totally in the same boat....
it's really, really hard....
I was considering speaking to my Rav about it, but not sure if that will be helpful.
I definitely daven!
I know in my case it always backfires to tell my husband why his way (usually too harsh in my opinion) was wrong. I've said it in the nicest way, couched in a million compliments.
it never helped.
What did help somewhat, though there are still plenty of issues, is that I caught him being gentle/patient etc. and I complimented him on it.
so definitely go out on a date night, but I wouldn't bring up the things he's doing wrong....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics