Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need a place to go for Shabbos - 2-3 hrs around Lakewood

LO

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:07 am
Hi all,

We are baalei teshuvah and have no family to go to, so we are almost always home for Shabbos. Really itching to go away somewhere, and have lots of Chase points, but need a nice hotel that is located close to something we can do on Sunday (I.e. sledding, etc). We have 5 kids (ages 13-1), so need a suite, and enough of a lobby area to hang out on Shabbos....Would also love something in nature, or in the middle of a city so we could walk around....Just don't want one of these stand-alone hotels in the middle of nowhere next to a highway, with no scenery or any place to walk around...

Would love suggestions on places you have been to, and enjoyed! Thanks in advance!

P.S. It doesn't have to be near a shul, although would def be nice. And we can bring our own food.

P.P.S. We would even like something in Brooklyn, but the kosher hotels don't look so nice and I don't know of anything else....

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:10 am
Maybe try renting a house in Deal NJ

doctorima

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:24 am
We spent a lovely Shabbos in Washington, DC, stayed not far from the shul in Georgetown and had an amazing Shabbos afternoon walk amongst the local attractions. Saratoga Springs also has many hotels near the Chabad and a charming downtown area with nice parks and stores. There are 2-3 hotels in Scranton in walking distance from the local shuls, and 15 minutes away is Montage Mountain skiing and tubing for Sunday. There are hotels in Boston near the frum community in Brookline and Brighton. This is all pre-COVID info, so definitely check with any local shuls and attractions to see if they're currently open and allowing visitors.

LO

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:05 pm
Thanks! Keep the ideas coming, please! Smile

shanie5

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:36 pm
I was going to sy that scranton fits, but Doctorima beat me to it.
Theres the Radison, Clarion and Hilton hotels that fit. Shuls are walking distance but need permission to come these days. Theres Montage mountain for skiing and snow tubing. Theres steamtown aquarium. Steamtown national historic site (train museum). Trolley museum.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 10:34 pm
I think chabad in lancaster has a house you can rent for the weekend
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics