Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher Orlando rentals

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:20 am
Hi,
Considering taking my kids to Orlando for shabbos chanuka. They desperately need a change of scenery . I see tickets are really cheap. We’ve been to Orlando a few times so I x need the parks . Literally going for over shabbos and Sunday.
Does anyone know how I can find a kosher home with a pool. Or is there a way to know which communities will have minyan etc for shabbos.

I’ve only done Orlando during the wk and stayed at hotels trying to figure out how ppl do it for shabbos ... ( I can figure out the good, just the minyan , kosher home etc) no need for working as all my kids walk

clowny

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:26 am
If you’re not looking to go to the parks, is there any other reason you’re aiming for Orlando?
I’m asking because in North Miami You’ll have an much easier time finding kosher rentals. Same goes to food and minyanim. Plenty of Shuls there.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:32 am
Why do you need a kosher rental? Just self clean the oven and it's kosher..

clowny

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:36 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Why do you need a kosher rental? Just self clean the oven and it's kosher..

It’s so much more convenient especially if you’re going with a family of kids.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:39 am
clowny wrote:
It’s so much more convenient especially if you’re going with a family of kids.

I guess? But you're so limited in selection, and almost always going to pay more. I don't find it inconvenient to press the self clean button on the oven. I personally don't rely on the kashrus of a supposedly kosher rental anyway, so it's pointless for me. I have no idea who used the kitchen before me so I can't know that it's actually kosher. I don't really understand how people who are usually so makpid on kashrus are totally fine using rental home kitchens.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:44 am
I guess? But you're so limited in selection, and almost always going to pay more. I don't find it inconvenient to press the self clean button on the oven. I personally don't rely on the kashrus of a supposedly kosher rental anyway, so it's pointless for me. I have no idea who used the kitchen before me so I can't know that it's actually kosher. I don't really understand how people who are usually so makpid on kashrus are totally fine using rental home kitchens.

Exactly. Who is to say previous users were careful or didn't make mistakes? I certainly would never use provided pots, dishes, or cutlery.
Just like I don't get people who rent their homes and aren't concerned abt people mixing things up in their kitchen.

clowny

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:45 am

It’s not only the oven. It’s the gas top, pots, cutlery, counters etc...

I think that most ppl who stay in a kosher villa are makpid enough to make sure they’re careful, if not they would’nt be spending the money on one. It’s so easy to be careful. Dairy and meat is totally separate and have separate accessories. why would they want to mix things up?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:49 am
clowny wrote:
If you’re not looking to go to the parks, is there any other reason you’re aiming for Orlando?
I’m asking because in North Miami You’ll have an much easier time finding kosher rentals. Same goes to food and minyanim. Plenty of Shuls there.

Actually this was my first plan but I have big boys so the beach won’t be an option and would love a private pool. Are there such options in Miami ?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:50 am
I have rented many many houses and never would trust kashrus even in a supposedly kosher home. I actually have family members who own a "kosher" rental on florida and they self clean the oven every time and lock up their own kosher stuff so it's separate. You have no clue who was there before or who use the house. the only time a "kosher" rental was convenient was sukkos cuz they were able to get a succah for us.

I happen to be using their rental house this week but won't have to lasher since they were there last week and there is nobody there in between.

clowny

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Actually this was my first plan but I have big boys so the beach won’t be an option and would love a private pool. Are there such options in Miami ?

If you’re looking to avoid the beach, all the more reason to go to North Miami.
No beach there and yes there are plenty of homes with private pools.

Check out
Reservekosher.com
Floridakoshervillas.com
Lxure.com
Flamingo.com

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 9:57 am
Just to reiterate, I x need “kosher” I can handle that on my own. Need a place that’s close to minyanim etc. I know there are all these communities but not sure how to find out where there is a shul/ minyan being arranged

Thx

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:07 am
Orlando is much cheaper than Miami. If you don't care about the beach I would definitely go with that. Especially since you're there such a short time frame you don't need a huge selection of restaurants. You can look up where the shuls are and then check airbnb for something within walking distance. There are always extra minyanim in developments for shabbos Chanukah but you need to ask around to find out where they will be.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:17 am
clowny wrote:
It’s not only the oven. It’s the gas top, pots, cutlery, counters etc...

I think that most ppl who stay in a kosher villa are makpid enough to make sure they’re careful, if not they would’nt be spending the money on one. It’s so easy to be careful. Dairy and meat is totally separate and have separate accessories. why would they want to mix things up?

Nobody is doing it on purpose. But things happen, especially if it is a kitchen you are unfamiliar with.

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 11:07 am
If you go to Orlando, ChampionsGate is your best bet. There will for sure be minyanim there Shabbos Chanuka. That said, it's fairly large, and you may have a decent walk to minyan unless you can find out a specific location where the shul will be. Otherwise, try to find a place in the middle and it hopefully won't be too far of a walk.

Personally, as others said, I would never trust the kashrus of previous unknown guests, and it's so easy to kasher myself. But if you don't want to, you could probably call the Chabad there and have them kasher it for you for an additional fee.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 9:12 pm
Bumping this up because I’m wondering the same thing for winter break. What did you end up doing about staying near a minyan in champion gate?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 4:49 am
There are a bunch of Orlando WhatsApp groups which discuss minyanin and all other kosher/Jewish related Orlando topics.

ADMIN -
We have the following groups that are open which I have been operating and helping the Yidden the last couple of months, do not abuse the groups for your businesses - this is for chesed and we will be limiting many. do NOT enter them all as everyone as we need room for everyone.
MINYANIM - Chabad will have a house dedicated for minyanim and more in Encore, please contact them for address and support this good cause. BM Villa will have a house dedicated for Minyanim only contact them direct. There are three groups that are available for Sukkos (NO ADVERTISING): 1. https://chat.whatsapp.com/Lksh.....LGWDI this is a general group. 2. Minyanim ONLY for Champions Gate - https://chat.whatsapp.com/L53w.....cEGFH 3. Minyanim ONLY for Solterra Resort - https://chat.whatsapp.com/F6rr.....nzFmO
GENERAL INFO: Main Group - https://chat.whatsapp.com/ECBn.....3Rs6R - here you will find general information for everyone, limit your adverts.
Champions Gate Chats - many but not run by me so ask on the main group
Reunion Resort Chat: ONLY if you are coming to Reunion https://chat.whatsapp.com/KJuO.....wFzZg
Encore Resort Chat - two not run by me - https://chat.whatsapp.com/HI7r.....7l7Ou and https://chat.whatsapp.com/GOVm.....3pkiE
Solara Resort Chat - https://chat.whatsapp.com/BfCp.....FeFXr
Windsor Resort Chat - https://chat.whatsapp.com/BtoU.....YLZto
Solterra Resort Chat - https://chat.whatsapp.com/CuJ3.....FIeT1
More information to follow in the coming days.
SHLOMY POLLAK

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 4:16 pm
Anybody know where I can find out where the Minyanim will be held in Champions Gate the week of January 22nd?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics