Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Regret! Just slapped my son....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 3:53 pm
I have 2 beautiful smart lechtiga kinderlach k"h a 5yr old and 1yr old.
I never ever used to hit or even yell.
Lately my 5yr old started torturing my baby. Hits, kicks, pulls, sits on to him, takes away anything he plays with, undresses him, picks him up.....
I find myself yelling all day LEAVE HIM! STOP!...
I left them for few seconds to go to bathroom (usually I take along baby but he was playing nicely so didnt want to bother him...) first I heard she took away what he was playing with then she hurt him so I ran out she was sitting on his head I got sooooo mad and slapped her realy hard. Now I ofcourse regret it. But I tried everything charts, prizes, treats, money. Nothing works if she looses her privilege she'll either pretend she doesn't care or get wild like throwing hitting....
And she gets a toooooon off attention from us.....

Just lil vent thank you

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 3:54 pm
Apologize, don’t do it again, and research and choose a parenting style that you can stick to

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 3:55 pm
Sorry see mistake in title daughter not son.
Lol can't even think straight anymore.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 3:57 pm
Oysh, it's so hard and frustrating when older child tortures the baby, we've probably all been through this. The only thing that helps is calmly, without yelling, putting the older child in time-out right away, even if you have to keep doing it afew times a day. Yelling only instigates him to do it again like a fun game. By giving him a consequence, he'll see you're serious. Say "you have to sit in your room for 5 minutes because big boys don't bother their baby and play nicely." They'll eventually learn that they can't bother the baby.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:06 pm
She gets attention, but is she bored when she does these things?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:19 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
She gets attention, but is she bored when she does these things?

Yes she does do it out of boredom alot. She needs to be occupied every second of the day which is very hard.....

little neshamala

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:29 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Apologize, don’t do it again, and research and choose a parenting style that you can stick to

This

Rappel

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:53 pm
OP, curious and energetic are a very difficult combination, especially at that age. Hugs! I also have a Curious George (he's 4.5), so you have my utter sympathies

I noticed that you said that you can't even think straight anymore. Is it possible that you're tired?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics