Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do kids really need to bathe every night?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 9:29 am
If you bathe kids together, a handheld shower is great to rinse them down at the end. It will get them just as clean as if they were bathing separately in their own water.
I don't think I'd do more than 2 at a time, though, for safety and management reasons.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
If you bathe kids together, a handheld shower is great to rinse them down at the end. It will get them just as clean as if they were bathing separately in their own water.
I don't think I'd do more than 2 at a time, though, for safety and management reasons.

I rinse with fresh water from the tap.

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:02 am
No, for sure not. And they don't need hairwashes every night also. (the worst part for me)

If you have 5 under 5, save your energy for other things.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:25 am
nchr wrote:
I would never do this.
Just bathe your children quickly.
I change the water inbetween kids.
I guess if you cannot afford it that's different, but I'd rather pass down undershirts and such than save money on water by bathing kids together.

I Bh have no problem affording multiple baths and showers per day and buying lots of lots and undershirts. I still bathed my little ones together.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:32 am
Revafe wrote:
Seriously?
I'll tell you what kids need to feel good when they go to sleep. A mom who smiles, laughs with them, a mom who gives them warm long deep kisses and hugs them tight and tells them how much she loves them a million times over, a mom who skips a bath so she can read bedtime stories or give a massage to a kid- children need that much much much more than the so called fresh feeling.

A mother that is too overwhelmed and stressed for a two minute shower does not have time for your whole flowery scenario either sorry it’s not one or the other. More likely the mother who is able to do all those things calmly and happily will be the one that figures out how to incorporate bathing her children into the schedule.

heidi

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 11:13 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
It sounds like it takes three hours to heat the boiler. I'm not sure why it can't be turned on three hours before bath time.

In Israel 80% of the time it's hot enough to rely on the water being hot from the sun.
Also, I have no problem with children bathing together.
But kids sitting in a bath that has body and pubic hair floaties, sweat, maybe semen if the parents were intimate recently is just too gross to contemplate

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 11:38 am
I guess heating up a kettle of water to add to a tub with room temp fresh tap water would work just fine for bigger kids, as well.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 11:48 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I guess heating up a kettle of water to add to a tub with room temp fresh tap water would work just fine for bigger kids, as well.

Wow, our tap water is FREEZING. One kettle would never do it.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 11:49 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Wow, our tap water is FREEZING. One kettle would never do it.

Sounds like in Israel, that isn't necessarily the case. Anyway, leftover water from a shower is probably room temperature anyway by the time the first kids gets in the tub. Certainly by the second one.

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:08 pm
hodeez wrote:
I blowdry my kids hair bc when I don't they get sick. It might be a cultural thing, everyone I know does it. Or it could be that since we were raised this way we developed a sensitivity to wet hair that increases the chances of us getting colds 🤷. Bikitzur, it's a must in this house in the winter. In the summer I just let it air dry

Why are you washing their hair every night? Unless they're upending the oatmeal bowl on their heads every day or using their hair to wipe their runny noses, once a week should suffice.

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:10 pm
hodeez wrote:
I blowdry my kids hair bc when I don't they get sick. It might be a cultural thing, everyone I know does it. Or it could be that since we were raised this way we developed a sensitivity to wet hair that increases the chances of us getting colds 🤷. Bikitzur, it's a must in this house in the winter. In the summer I just let it air dry

Why are you washing their hair every night? Unless they're upending the oatmeal bowl on their heads every day or using their hair to wipe their runny noses, once a week should suffice.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:33 pm
I haven’t read all the replies, but I bathe them every night because their bottoms need a wash. They don’t smell but they may get itchy if they don’t wash properly every day.

I also find it quickest to get them ready for bed with a bath first. I know that sounds silly but it’s a quick bath and then straight into pjs and ready. No need for their hair to get wet every night- shampoo once a week in winter is fine. And on swimming night.

ynms

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:20 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I Bh have no problem affording multiple baths and showers per day and buying lots of lots and undershirts. I still bathed my little ones together.

I stopped bathing them together because of my Dr. Who recommended not too.......... Germs etc.

It's definitely a easier too though....

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:34 pm
ynms wrote:
I stopped bathing them together because of my Dr. Who recommended not too.......... Germs etc.

It's definitely a easier too though....

Same, my pediatrician said kids tend to catch molluscum, pinworms, etc from each other by bathing together. I do shower them together sometimes but honestly it's a pain and I do it as a special treat since they love it.

sweet

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:55 pm
I do bathe my younger kids at least 5-7 nights out of the week.
And my older one shower on their own the same nights..
I may skip thurs night and motza shbs.

It also gets much easier when they are old enough to shower on their own.

Amd I definitely do bathe my 2 younger ones together. I dont see any issue with that.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics