Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Are there Frum communities where driving isn't neccessary?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 9:46 am
Other than those in Brooklyn or Manhattan, where you don't have to drive out of the residential neighborhoods (because important stores are mostly all walking distance).

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 10:44 am
Yerushalayim.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 10:44 am
yes, a few ones in and around Paris were you don't really need a car/common transmport.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 11:31 am
My neighborhood - Kiryat Sefer.

Bnei Brak - Everything you can possibly need is on Rabi Akiva.

Something tells me that's not the answer you're looking for though.....

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 11:32 am
OP here.
Tri state area preferred, but curious about the whole USA.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 11:38 am
There is always the Five Towns - Lawrence, Cedarhurst, Woodmere. But, although the shopping is all concentrated on Central Avenue, chances are you'll need a car to get there! Also, it helps to be wealthy Confused

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 11:47 am
I live in kew garden hills in queens. I would say that technically you don't need a car here. I have friends who don't drive and can manage without a car, there are jewish stores that have everything you need. however, to go to any of the big non jewish stores you would need a car.

Raisin

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 6:06 pm
amother wrote:
I live in kew garden hills in queens. I would say that technically you don't need a car here. I have friends who don't drive and can manage without a car, there are jewish stores that have everything you need. however, to go to any of the big non jewish stores you would need a car.

Do supermarkets in the us let you order online? I do that here, and it is the best! I pay a delivery charge, but it saves me a good 2 hours of shlepping so it is worth it.

montrealmommy

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 6:26 pm
Monsey isn't bad depending on where in the city you are. Most of the frum stores deliver (groceries, some housewheres, etc...) and there is one :multi-ship) place. Also, there is a flat rate for taxis in Monsey/Spring Valley and a 'round the city' bus that runs every 30 minutes or so. Hope that helps.

MrsLeo

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 7:32 pm
Raisin wrote:
amother wrote:

Do supermarkets in the us let you order online? I do that here, and it is the best! I pay a delivery charge, but it saves me a good 2 hours of shlepping so it is worth it.

There are online groceries but there is a delivery fee and I dont think they have EVERYTHING especially kosher.

Squash

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 9:25 pm
I do my weekly grocery order over the phone with no delivery charge.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 9:29 pm
Riverdale in the Bronx.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics