Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Verizon Fios vs Optimum, which is better in BP?

Who seems to be losing the internet less, Verizon Fios customers or Optimum customers?
Verizon Fios seems more reliable  
 80%  [ 28 ]
Verizon Fios and Optimum are equally reliable  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Optimum seems more reliable  
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:08 pm
Verizon Fios vs Optimum, which is better and more reliable (in BP), because they lose internet less?

Im in the heart of BP. I recently switched to Optimum because Verizon Fios was not available in my area, and it was good for a couple of months. Then there was an outage this week and everyone else got their internet back and working, but my internet never came back. Optimum came to replace my router and an hour later I had no internet a g a I n. Technician put in a new router. This is f r u s t r a t I n g.

I can now get Verizon Fios for about the same price as Optimum.

Should I make the switch?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:19 pm
It generally depends on the area so you should ask people in your neighborhood. I had optimum for a year and hated every minute. They constantly made me upgrade to higher speeds in order to get my wifi working again. I switched to fios a few years ago and bh have minimal issues

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:19 pm
Dh is in tech. Fios is better. We have Optimum because it is second best and Fios is not yet available for our area. The Optimum in our area is great but we'd like to switch when available.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Sep 01 2020, 8:32 pm
We switched from Optimum to Fios about a month ago because DH works from home now and WiFi problems were becoming real problems. He says it’s absolutely better now.

We live in Passaic.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:26 am
I don’t know which is better, but I use Optimum for the added benefit of their many hotspots.

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Verizon Fios vs Optimum, which is better and more reliable (in BP), because they lose internet less?

Im in the heart of BP. I recently switched to Optimum because Verizon Fios was not available in my area, and it was good for a couple of months. Then there was an outage this week and everyone else got their internet back and working, but my internet never came back. Optimum came to replace my router and an hour later I had no internet a g a I n. Technician put in a new router. This is f r u s t r a t I n g.

I can now get Verizon Fios for about the same price as Optimum.

Should I make the switch?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Also have optimum want to switch their customer service is awful and since the outage I hardly have internet

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:44 am
Love fios not in BP though.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 4:47 pm
I live in bp verizon can give me regular internet but not fios. Is it worth anything? Btw optimum came back on today bh

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 5:56 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Love fios not in BP though.

They've been working on the Fios lines in BP the past few weeks. The lines in our BP neighborhood need further work. Some areas of BP may be ready.

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 6:20 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I live in bp verizon can give me regular internet but not fios. Is it worth anything? Btw optimum came back on today bh

No- I had Verizon and it was horrible . Was much happier woth Optimum , but now I’m switching to Fios.

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 8:58 pm
I had too many problems with Optimum and they kept blaming 'wifi saturation' and brick walls. I told that it doesn't make sense because I have certain times it works great and when it doesn't moving closer to the router didn't make a difference.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 11:13 am
I live on 12 & 50
Optimium is HORRID

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:59 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

No, u want fios because it runs over fiber cables which is way better than the copper ones they are offering u.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Dh is in tech. Fios is better. We have Optimum because it is second best and Fios is not yet available for our area. The Optimum in our area is great but we'd like to switch when available.

I agree, I work in the telecom industry as well and can vouch for it.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I agree, I work in the telecom industry as well and can vouch for it.

The problem is that Fios isn’t available in most of bp, so it’s regular Verizon vs optimum, not fios vs optimum

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 8:46 am
Anyone with internet in the 19/60s section of BP? The Verizon connection has been spotty for the past 3 days. I work partially from home in a high stress job and I'm really losing it. I spent 2 hours on the phone with them. A tech was going to check the line for 24 hrs and call me back. They never did. I'm supposed to be getting a new modem today to see if that works. Losing it!

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 9:52 am
I live in the middle avenues lower streets of bp and I’m connected to optimum hotspot in my son’s room. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 10:59 am
Fios has been down the last few days in BP, my phone line isn’t working since the beginning of the week(low streets upper Ave)

happy12

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 5:11 pm
Just curious how much is internet service by Fios and Optimum in boro park.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries