Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Company cannot find the contract I signed

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 2:04 pm
I signed a contract for a treatment and paid in full.

Apparently it stated in the contract that there may be additional costs throughout the treatment period for necessary adjustments (which I was unaware of at the time of signing). I asked the company if they can show me the contract- but they can't find it.

What happens now?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 2:11 pm
You find a lawyer.
Did they give you a copy of the contract?

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 4:09 pm
Until they find it and prove it to You that it’s in there, they can’t demand anything. It’s weird they want money they claim is in the contract but suddenly “can’t find it”.

Doesn’t sound Right to me. If they cause issues call a lawyer.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 4:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I signed a contract for a treatment and paid in full.

Apparently it stated in the contract that there may be additional costs throughout the treatment period for necessary adjustments (which I was unaware of at the time of signing). I asked the company if they can show me the contract- but they can't find it.

What happens now?

You're at an impasse. You claim that you're paid in full, but can't prove it without the contract. They claim that they may be entitled to additional funds, but can't prove it without the contract. Of course, they have the upper hand, as they could deny you needed services.

Never, ever -- ever ever EVER -- sign a contract without retaining a copy. Keep the hard copy. Scan it. Save it in 2 places. You never know when you will need it.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 5:03 pm
You do need to locate a copy of the contract. Is there any chance it would have been scanned to your file? But to be honest, this sounds like a standard type of clause that any company would insert into a contract to cover themselves in case of need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics