Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Early maturity in boys

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 1:45 pm
I’ve recently switched pediatricians and took my 12 year old for a well visit. During the checkup he also checked out his private parts. Afterwards he told me he’s fully matured already which is unusual this early. He’s sending me to an endocrinologist and said he might have high testosterone levels. I’m really worried. Anyone have experience with this issue?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:09 pm
What? 12 years old is perfectly normal to be mature. It's called puberty.

In another year he'll be bar mitzva - basically a man. Don't panic, your little boy is growing up.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:12 pm
Sephardi boys (for the most part) def hit puberty earlier. In my son's school the 7th and 8tj grade classes all have deeper voices and beards lol. They shoot up fast and look like men.

I don't think 12 is that young. But I'm not doctor.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 10:25 pm
The pediatrician has seen literally tens of thousands of patients during his career. He told me he almost never saw a child this fully matured at his age.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The pediatrician has seen literally tens of thousands of patients during his career. He told me he almost never saw a child this fully matured at his age.

Does your DS have a full beard? Is he bench pressing 250 pounds? Is he 6 feet tall already? I don't get the problem.

Some girls start their periods at 8, some at 14. Puberty is not an exact science. It's measured on a curve for a reason.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 8:36 am
Go to the endocrinologist. But don't worry. If there's something to worry about you will find out and figure it out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics