Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What’s travel like to Montreal

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 4:54 pm
Traveling by car
Will I be allowed in
Do I need to quarantine
How long
Will I be allowed back
Do I need to quarantine
How long
I’m not vaccinated

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 4:57 pm
Non Canadians are NOT allowed in.
Also, they harass people about quarantine

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 4:57 pm
You need proof of Covid test within the last 72 hours. I think it's called the PCR test.
When you get to the border they test you again. You have an option to take the test with you and do it with them over Zoom. You're also required to do it on your 10th day in Canada, which I skipped because it was Shabbos. They didn't call me about it either.
You're then mandated to quarantine for I think 14 days. They may come to your place of quarantine to ensure you're there.
Coming back to the U.S. shouldn't be an issue.
(At least this was my experience.)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:04 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
You need proof of Covid test within the last 72 hours. I think it's called the PCR test.
When you get to the border they test you again. You have an option to take the test with you and do it with them over Zoom. You're also required to do it on your 10th day in Canada, which I skipped because it was Shabbos. They didn't call me about it either.
You're then mandated to quarantine for I think 14 days. They may come to your place of quarantine to ensure you're there.
Coming back to the U.S. shouldn't be an issue.
(At least this was my experience.)

Got it
Is it a problem to leave in those 14 days of quarantine
Leave to the US

realsilver

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Got it
Leave to the US

No. But if they ask you how long ur staying tell them 15 days.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Got it
Leave to the US

US won't ask you anything because you're a returning citizen. You may get stopped on your way out by Canadian police (by them spotting your cars US license plate).
Also, be careful not to drive back within curfew hours (9:30PM-5AM currently, likely to change anytime) as you may very well get a ticket.

mizle10

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:42 pm
You need to either be Canadian, married to a Canadian, or have immediate family living in Canada.

Rhl mom

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:49 pm
They come to check if you are keeping the quarantine but if you don’t answer the door they leave and nothing happens and even if someone answers the door and says that you are not home they only give a warning (happened to someone I know). You need to tell them at the border that you planning on staying for more than 14 days. You need to show them a pcr negative COVID test from the last 72 hours or a positive one within the last 3 months (I know people who did this). They give you a test at the border to do and send in but nothing happens if you don’t send it in. (I know many people who didn’t send it). Curfew is pretty strict and many people got tickets for $1500.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:57 pm
Montreal sounds like a lock down nightmare. Why would you want to go?

amother
Olive

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:05 pm
My in-laws, dual citizens, stopped coming to the U.S. as often as they used to. They can't handle the whole quarantine busines so often. The curfew is over enough for their nerves.

I really feel sad for them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics