Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How on earth do the Israelis keep up.
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Purple

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 1:20 pm
Honestly it all evens out. Yes, the army age Israelis are quite gorgeous. But middle aged Israelis don't retain those spectacular looks. I think Israelis age quickly probably as others have said due to the sun.
And there are plenty of chubby middle aged Israeli men!

DrMom

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 1:38 pm
jerusalem90 wrote:
Thanks, but in my experience most perverts would choose to target an okay looking girl who looks naive and helpless, rather than a stunningly beautiful woman who looks like she's have no issue putting them in a headlock and kicking their a!@. I'm definitely the former and not the latter, haval.

Aha! So that's why I've never been harassed on the bus. It's my kick-@ss Gal Gadot looks.

Rappel

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Honestly it all evens out. Yes, the army age Israelis are quite gorgeous. But middle aged Israelis don't retain those spectacular looks. I think Israelis age quickly probably as others have said due to the sun.

Note the different eras, though. The older Israeli generation lived under very harsh conditions, and they're often built to match. The younger to middle-aged ones do look really healthy overall.

I can't think of any man in our beit Knesset whom is truly fat, and that goes from the young to the very old. Among the women, there are a few, but still not morbidly obese. It's noticable.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 1:45 pm
essie14 wrote:
So true! Each time my soldiers come home I swear they've gotten more handsome!

I also assumed that OP was talking about the crowd that goes to the army. They are gorgeous.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 2:05 pm
Rappel wrote:
Note the different eras, though. The older Israeli generation lived under very harsh conditions, and they're often built to match. The younger to middle-aged ones do look really healthy overall.

I can't think of any man in our beit Knesset whom is truly fat, and that goes from the young to the very old. Among the women, there are a few, but still not morbidly obese. It's noticable.

Elderly ones, maybe. But middle aged 40 or 50 something Israelis did not live under what I'd call harsh conditions. And yes, whenever I'm in Israel I see overweight people. Both religious and secular.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 2:29 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I also assumed that OP was talking about the crowd that goes to the army. They are gorgeous.

Men in uniform acquire an aura that is very attractive regardless of their looks. Uniforms seldom being styled with femininity in mind, I can't say if this is true for women as well. Probably depends on the individual's build. Everything looks good on those who are slim and firm. Most people in the military are at their peak of physical fitness, slim and strong from all that grueling training.

But the uniform adds a LOT. When I was about six or seven I thought that all police officers are handsome. Twelve years later I thought all chayalim were handsome. Then I saw a couple of chayalim in a restaurant who I thought were beyond stunning. The next day they were there in civvies and they were nothing special., so it was clear that the attraction was the uniform.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 2:37 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:

My dc went to visit a friend of mine who had made aliyah some 35 years before. Later they asked me how old this person is "because she looked WAY older than you!" We're the same age, andI look every day of it, but the strong Israeli sun and hamsinim evidently did quite a number on her skin.

zaq

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Some will say that salat and chavita is not a thing in all communities....
But me thinks, that the closer we get to US/Western culture the more we will look like them.

Absotively.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 2:48 am
Bread is also very cheap in Israel. My dh is Israeli and says they grew up on loads of bread, cheese and veggies. None of his sibling are skinny at all, (not obese either)

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 3:00 am
southernbubby wrote:
It looks like the most beautiful children are drafted into the IDF; each more beautiful than the next. Their IDF years gets them in top shape which lasts for years after active duty. This is both the boys and the girls. That's how they stay beautiful.

love this comment!!!!
I love them to pieces !!!!
admiring and appreciating them each and every minute.
They are all so beautiful ki"h .
ד' ישמור אותם אמן

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 3:09 am
jerusalem90 wrote:

Public transportation is terrible in Israel if you are a young pretty woman. If you take public transportation you might stay in shape by slapping the hands of the perverts trying to molest you (btdt)🤮🤮🤮🤮

Unnecessary and exaggerated...

etky

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 3:25 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Bread is also very cheap in Israel. My dh is Israeli and says they grew up on loads of bread, cheese and veggies. None of his sibling are skinny at all, (not obese either)

That was once upon a time.
Now every kind of junky convenience food is available at supermarkets all over.
Not all families buy this type of food but it's still exponentially more present in the Israeli diet than it was even a generation ago.
It's true that Israelis still eat a lot of bread/cheese/humous/vegetables but fried and doughy foods are also very popular. Even if they are home made these are still very fattening and unhealthy.
Furthermore, the number of cars on the roads is inconceivably greater and growing every year to the point that infrastructure just can't keep up. Hence all the insane traffic jams in the center of the country and in all major cities.
Many, many Israelis drive to their destinations and no longer walk anywhere (although plenty do walk or run for exercise) and live in high-rise apartments with elevators.
Given all this it's a mercy that the price of fast food is still relatively very expensive here. Otherwise Israelis would soon be the size of Americans.

Elfrida

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 4:21 am
etky wrote:

Given all this it's a mercy that the price of fast food is still relatively very expensive here. Otherwise Israelis would soon be the size of Americans.

And the country is crowded enough as it is!

zaq

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 6:09 am
We are told that the very air of EY Makes people smart. I’m surprised that nobody has considered the possibility that the very air of EY also makes people good looking.

Or, maybe OP, it’s simply your Ahavat Yisrael showing. Keshoshana bein hachochim ken raayati bein habanot.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics