Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Anyone like Chavi Katz in lkwd to design a dress

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 9:10 pm
Hi!
I’m coming to lkwd from oot with the hope I can find someone to design and help find material for a dress for friends weddings.. for my 21 yr old, difficult to fit daughter.

I picture someone like Chavi Katz from ny, who designed my dresses 25 yrs ago.

If you know someone like this, that I can hire, please please share.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 9:36 pm
I know that a frum lady took over "stitch n sew". I went in there to look for ribbon for a gown and she was very helpful. Im wondering if she helps pple with gowns. Chavi Katz used to design things for my mother years ago also, so I know what you mean.
Maybe call stitch n sew and ask to speak to the new owner, and find out if she helps with designs.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 10:57 am
Thank you so much for responding!

I will do that, but I know that stick and see is usually so packed with people that I can’t imagine the owner will have time to spend with me.

Anyone else?

Any dressmaker in lkwd who can do this with me although I will have the actual sewing done in my own city?

Perrys

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 12:28 pm
Maybe try esther Lupyan

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 2:39 pm
Thank you Perrys

Would you have her contact info?

Is it Esther Lopian?

Perrys

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 9:44 pm
It’s the same person
(732) 730-1941
Leave her a message she will call you back

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 9:51 pm
Bluma Lax might. She's in the phone book.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 11:54 pm
Wow! Thanks so much for your responses... with contact info!

Really appreciate.. and if anyone else has suggestions, please keep them coming.

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 12:32 am
Try Faigy Puretz. She's fantastic and has a great eye for design.
There used to be a store in Lakewood called Sew Much More that has gone out of business. Last I heard, one of the owners had gone into custom design, her name was Rucky and she is fabulous. Can't remember her last name (think it starts with an Sh but not sure), she lives in New England Village neighborhood (maybe Powderhorn or Flintlock?). Maybe someone else has more specific contact info.
Also, there is a Hispanic woman who lives s few towns over from Lakewood who does marvelous work for our community and is very talented at designing dresses for women with more generous proportions. She used to work for local gown boutiques and seamstresses and went out on her own. Her name is Nubis. Don't have contact info, but others can possibly advise. Everyone at Stich N Sew knows her and reveres her.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 12:44 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
There used to be a store in Lakewood called Sew Much More that has gone out of business. Last I heard, one of the owners had gone into custom design, her name was Rucky and she is fabulous. Can't remember her last name (think it starts with an Sh but not sure), she lives in New England Village neighborhood (maybe Powderhorn or Flintlock?). Maybe someone else has more specific contact info.
Also, there is a Hispanic woman who lives s few towns over from Lakewood who does marvelous work for our community and is very talented at designing dresses for women with more generous proportions. She used to work for local gown boutiques and seamstresses and went out on her own. Her name is Nubis. Don't have contact info, but others can possibly advise. Everyone at Stich N Sew knows her and reveres her.

Her last name is Zuckerman. Last I heard she's working for one of the gown stores.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 7:44 am
Thank you to all who respomded.
Really helpfull

Perrys

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 10:17 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:

Person in New England village is Esther Lupyan

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 1:41 pm
Thank you.

Latest issue to crop up is that there’s literally no one in my oot community to sew the dress.

I was more hopeful originally that I would find someone cuz I had a few leads of people that had this done in the past but after sone ding a week trying to track down these seamstresses, it seems that 3 of them retired and no one here has any recommendations.
I don’t feel comfortable randomly googling anyone cuz I feel like a seamstress needs to have some experience seeing fir Jewish clientele to understand what I want. Too risky otherwise.

I’ll only be in nj with my daughter from a Sunday afternoon till Tuesday night. I can’t I again finding a seamstress to help me purchase design and sew the dress all in that time frame.

Any creative ideas for me or know if any of the seamstresses previously recommended might do a quick turnaround for me?

Someone mentioned maybe a Chinese cleaners type place might.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 3:53 pm
What about coming in and designing, getting material and getting your daughter measured and fitted and then once its mostly done come back to lkwd and she can try it and have the finishing touches done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics