Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Seminary Blouses - Colors?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:29 pm
Hi, my daughter is attending a BY seminary in EY this year and she is convinced that all the girls will be wearing only light blue or white blouses with their pleated skirts to class. The dress code is simply solid color blouses with a collar...is it true "no one" will be wearing any color other than white or blue?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:33 pm
Majority will be wearing white or blue. Depends on the seminary if girls will be wearing other colors too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:35 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Majority will be wearing white or blue. Depends on the seminary if girls will be wearing other colors too.

Thanks! Why is this? When I went to BYA a million years ago, we wore all colors, and with patterns, too...is it because they now have to wear uniform style stitch down pleated skirts to class?

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:37 pm
White, navy, grey, charcoal, burgundy, sky, butter and other pastels.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:40 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
White, navy, grey, charcoal, burgundy, sky, butter and other pastels.

Ok...so which seminaries wear only blue and white? How am I supposed to know this if it's not written in the handbook? My daughter has seen videos girls make in some of the standard BY sems (BJJ, BYA, etc), and said they're all in blue or white blouses...how did they all know? Did we miss the memo, lol?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:55 pm
Tell her to find out from girls that were there the year before. There are many subtle unspoken fashion 'rules'... the color shirts the style of sweaters the type of shoes- white soles vs flats....

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:32 pm
Does she really want to be exactly like everyone else? If it was me I'd find a way to express myself a bit within the limitations. Since it says solid color collared blouses I'd go for a chambray 3/4 blouse, white zipper collared blouse, etc. Hilfiger has a great collection.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 9:42 pm
BJJ requires blue shirts. I think Hadar does, too. But when I was in sem, a good while ago, my friends in other seminaries wore different colored shirts. She should find out what girls in her specific seminary wear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics