Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Vinyl Plank floor in living room / dining room

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 10:30 am
We are redoing the living room /dining room area in the house. It is the main living area - there is no main floor playroom. Currently we have an old ceramic tile on the floor. I am seriously considering putting in a vinyl floor because it is by far the cheapest in terms of labor and material and will be the fastest job. Also, I have little kids and there is zero maintenance and it doesn't scratch.

I know that is not forever. Contractor said it should last ten years. I put in a vinyl floor in the basement under two years ago and it was supposedly a good quality one and already a few ends of the planks are coming up a little.

Do you have have vinyl plank floor in your living room / dining room or anywhere in your house? What is your experience? Would you recommend or not?

Aurora

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:04 pm
chocolatecake wrote:
We are redoing the living room /dining room area in the house. It is the main living area - there is no main floor playroom. Currently we have an old ceramic tile on the floor. I am seriously considering putting in a vinyl floor because it is by far the cheapest in terms of labor and material and will be the fastest job. Also, I have little kids and there is zero maintenance and it doesn't scratch.

I know that is not forever. Contractor said it should last ten years. I put in a vinyl floor in the basement under two years ago and it was supposedly a good quality one and already a few ends of the planks are coming up a little.

Do you have have vinyl plank floor in your living room / dining room or anywhere in your house? What is your experience? Would you recommend or not?

We put it into our kitchen a few years ago. So far, so good.

Shadow

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:24 pm
My mom has it in her summer home- dining room.
Looks great& easy maintenance

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:54 pm
I've heard later years luxury vinyl plank really lasts 30+ years.
We put it in our kitchen with a reputable company that stands behind it. I would have no qualms putting it elsewhere. The laminate (also wood look) we had before was garbage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics