Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Chair for bride

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 4:21 pm
This question would be for any mother who made a wedding during the past year. If you made it in the backyard or in a small hall, what did you do for the chair that the kallah sits on for the Badeken?
My DD is getting married in a small hall, and I'm searching for a nice white chair. I've found some companies that rent "throne" chairs but charge $250 for them! Does anyone have suggestions or ideas?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:42 pm
I went crazy finding a chair and getting stuff to decorate it with. Turns out that someone where we live has one-typical white wicker Kallah chair. Needed decoration as it was oldish and not perfectly white. No cushion. So I went to a Joann fabrics and bought tulle, fabric and other stuff to decorate it. When we picked up the chair to transport to the hall, we realized it was slightly broken. But we'd make do.

When we got to the resort where the wedding would be, there was a plush armchair that dd liked. We covered it in white fabric, then an overlay of blue lace (blue was the color of the wedding). A few extra decorations and it was perfect!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I went crazy finding a chair and getting stuff to decorate it with. Turns out that someone where we live has one-typical white wicker Kallah chair. Needed decoration as it was oldish and not perfectly white. No cushion. So I went to a Joann fabrics and bought tulle, fabric and other stuff to decorate it. When we picked up the chair to transport to the hall, we realized it was slightly broken. But we'd make do.

When we got to the resort where the wedding would be, there was a plush armchair that dd liked. We covered it in white fabric, then an overlay of blue lace (blue was the color of the wedding). A few extra decorations and it was perfect!

Thanks for the response. I was thinking I'd decorate a chair with fabric and tulle. I can rent a peacock chair for $25 , but I'm wondering how to attach the tulle. I can't use a glue gun bc I have to return the chair and don't want to damage it.

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:33 pm
Sew the tulle on with needle and matching thread or "invisible" polyester thread. You needn't be an expert seamstress--just weave the needle in and out of the spaces in the wicker. Easy-Shmeasy.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 6:55 pm
Drape the fabric over the chair. Decorate the fabric with tulle. My dd did the decorating and used straight pins. When done, remove fabric and the chair is good as new.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics