Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Translate Yiddish to English
Previous  1  2

sequoia

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 12:43 pm
I wish I could do it but I can’t!

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 12:53 pm
penguin wrote:
And how does that relate to a fargenigen? OR doesn't it?

That’s more like pleasure

It would be used like “it was my fargenigan to help her with carrying her baby up to the rocket ship”

Or “you need me to host your mother in law and her 10 married couples and host their shabbos sheva bruches. Sure, with fargenigen” Smile

The Rebbitzen

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 1:00 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
That’s more like pleasure

It would be used like “it was my fargenigan to help her with carrying her baby up to the rocket ship”

Or “you need me to host your mother in law and her 10 married couples and host their shabbos sheva bruches. Sure, with fargenigen” Smile

your examples made me LOL
LOL

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 1:02 pm
The Rebbitzen wrote:
your examples made me LOL
LOL

With fargenigen Laugh

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 2:39 pm
Fargin is to allow grant or permit. Not like a teacher or a parent but to allow it from your heart. I permit her to have all of the happiness in the world. I grant her that recognition.

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 3:00 pm
singleagain wrote:
Resent might work better depending on sentence

Fargin does not mean resent. It means to graciously allow for someone to have something, but I know that’s not an exact definition. It means allow someone to have without resenting or begrudging

singleagain

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 3:35 pm
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
Fargin does not mean resent. It means to graciously allow for someone to have something, but I know that’s not an exact definition. It means allow someone to have without resenting or begrudging

I was responding to a post that was saying the opposite of fragrin Is begrudge and I suggested that resent might be a better word instead of begrudge

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 4:29 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Fargin is to allow grant or permit. Not like a teacher or a parent but to allow it from your heart. I permit her to have all of the happiness in the world. I grant her that recognition.

This doesn’t cut it for me. Fargin has a lot less to do with the person who’s doing the fargining than permit, grant or allow does.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics