Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Here we go again... Not eligible for gov funds
Previous  1  2

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:44 pm
To the mother in the 5 towns
TAG sent out an email about the scholarship. What school do your DC attend

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:47 pm
The income limits are gross or net?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The income limits are gross or net?

Gross

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:50 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
Gross

I figured, but was hoping otherwise

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:59 pm
I am sorry, Federal poverty level, is based off of income in comparison to family size. It is our own choice to keep kosher-which is more expensive, and to send our children to private school. That is not other peoples or the governments responsibility.

When my grandfather came to this country, he got fired every week from a job because he wouldn’t work on Shabbos. That was his choice, not something that he was entitled to. This entitled attitude is beyond absurd. We chose this life, it is our responsibility, not the governments. Yes, Kosher food is more expensive. We also don’t have Shabbos to work where we could work and earn extra money. And yes tnius clothes, especially when you buy at it from the frum store, is more expensive. Those are choices that we make. We make them proudly, we make them as we dedicate our lives to Hashem , and we hope that Hashem acknowledges our Histadlus and misirat nefesh and rewards us. That is between us and Hashem, not us and the government.

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:07 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
I am sorry, Federal poverty level, is based off of income in comparison to family size. It is our own choice to keep kosher-which is more expensive, and to send our children to private school. That is not other peoples or the governments responsibility.

When my grandfather came to this country, he got fired every week from a job because he wouldn’t work on Shabbos. That was his choice, not something that he was entitled to. This entitled attitude is beyond absurd. We chose this life, it is our responsibility, not the governments. Yes, Kosher food is more expensive. We also don’t have Shabbos to work where we could work and earn extra money. And yes tnius clothes, especially when you buy at it from the frum store, is more expensive. Those are choices that we make. We make them proudly, we make them as we dedicate our lives to Hashem , and we hope that Hashem acknowledges our Histadlus and misirat nefesh and rewards us. That is between us and Hashem, not us and the government.

People can dream

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:23 am
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
We are eligible income-wise but we will not lie and say that there is no adult to watch the kids since I am working from home.
Hashem will send us parnasa another way. He is not limited in ways to do so.

If you work at home than you are not available to watch kids. Most jobs that I know you can’t do both so either you’re not working or jot watching the kids.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:23 am
What jobs are eligible? What's considered essential workers?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics