Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Know any programs in queens/5T

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 1:33 am
I live in hillcrest and was looking for a daycamp/learning/camp for my 15 yr old son in queens or 5 towns/far rockaway

I know most 14 yr olds go to sleepaway camp or work but my son is not interested.

I think some day camps are making a program for older boys such that they learn and then do activities ...etc

anyone know of any daycamps for 14 yr olds in queens or 5 towns?

(even if they are booked this year, id def. be interested for next yr which is why im posting this.)

tia

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 5:27 am
Koolam in Monsey has a program for this age (14-15) but I can't think of anything in the Five Towns for older than 13-14.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 12:55 pm
thank you for responding

bump

anyone?

maybe even in far rockaway?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 1:22 pm
I live in 5T and never heard of such a program. There are plenty of highschool boys that are not in sleepaway camp but they all work in the local daycamps.

Simcha Day Camp tried to make such a program last year because of the sleep away camp closures but it did not happen at the end.

Goldie613

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 12:15 am
I believe one of the men's yeshivas tried to have something for teens at one point, but I don't know the details. I vaguely remember something about pizza and learning near Main Street, but I don't recall anything more on that one.

Try checking with Chazaq, but I think their learning program might just be for college and up. They run teen programs in general, so maybe they can suggest something.

What about having him work in a day camp? If he works as a CIT (yes, I realize he might be on the old side for that), he may be able to arrange to just work part of the day.

Sorry - wish I could be more help.

What does you son's high school suggest?

Goldie613

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 12:39 am
Also found this -

Are you looking for a yeshiva to learn in? Yeshiva Etzion is the place to learn for those who are serious and want to learn in the morning and/or nights. We are located in the Young Israel of Briarwood.

There is no tuition or entrance exam. If you want to learn you are instantly accepted to join us. Open to men from ages 15 and up. We have students ranging from 15-35 who join us every day and night.

Find out more at yeshivaetzion.com or at instagram.com/yeshivaetzion

Don't miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime to learn somewhere serious and make lifelong friends!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 06 2021, 2:20 am
Goldie613 wrote:
Also found this -

Are you looking for a yeshiva to learn in? Yeshiva Etzion is the place to learn for those who are serious and want to learn in the morning and/or nights. We are located in the Young Israel of Briarwood.

There is no tuition or entrance exam. If you want to learn you are instantly accepted to join us. Open to men from ages 15 and up. We have students ranging from 15-35 who join us every day and night.

Find out more at yeshivaetzion.com or at instagram.com/yeshivaetzion

Don't miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime to learn somewhere serious and make lifelong friends!

thank you very much
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics