Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO the perfect lipstick

synthy

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 6:05 am
I'm looking for a lipstick that's matte, non-transfer, long lasting, and most importantly - won't dry my lips. Does this magic exist? TIA!

synthy

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 6:27 pm
bumping this up cuz originally posted at a crazy time... anyone?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 6:33 pm
The best, longest lasting lipstick I have tried is maybelline super stay matte ink. It just doesn't come off, even over shabbos and Yt. But it does dry out my lips- I don't wear it everyday and moisturize before using it but it is drying.

Maybelline has another line of superstay matte Crayon lipsticks that last quite well and are better for everyday use and don't seem to dry out my lips nearly as much.

scruffy

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 6:52 pm
synthy wrote:
I'm looking for a lipstick that's matte, non-transfer, long lasting, and most importantly - won't dry my lips. Does this magic exist? TIA!

I like Revlon Ultra HD Lip Mousse. It's not totally non-transfer and won't take me through 24 hours of Shabbos... but the products that do dry my lips out and often drive me crazy with a sticky feel. This stuff is super comfortable.

I also like Rimmel Provocalips. The balm really makes it much more comfortable- it's different than the other brands- and this stuff lasts quite nicely.

North Star

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 9:06 pm
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
The best, longest lasting lipstick I have tried is maybelline super stay matte ink. It just doesn't come off, even over shabbos and Yt. But it does dry out my lips- I don't wear it everyday and moisturize before using it but it is drying.

I use this, but dab with a tissue right after applying. The color isn’t as strong but it’s not drying that way. And if I want more color, I apply more on top and dab again. Doesn’t transfer, pretty long lasting, and doesn’t feel dry.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 10:18 pm
synthy wrote:

Revlon colorstay stays on for days! I put it on before Shabbat and I literally have to scrub it off after or else it’ll stay for days.

tryingmybest:)

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 10:45 pm
I use the Maybeline Superstay when I need it to last for more than a day - but find that it gets dry and “peely.” I just bought the Careline lipstick and really love it. It lasts all night and does not dry my lips out at all. It’s really expensive though ( around $24 and it doesn’t hold so much).

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 10:52 pm
The careline Everlast works best for me. Some people say that long lasting from Static is better, but it didn't work for me. Get a good lip cleanser and moisturizer so you don't have dry lips before using lipstick. And definitely use the gloss that comes with it on top of lipstick. These 2 are actually not lipstick, it's lip color, the ones that have lipstick on one side and gloss on the other.

happyone

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:58 pm
I use and love the Chanel long lasting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics