Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Williamsburg ladies- chessed girl?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:07 pm
Hi williamsburg mothers!

Posting anon bc spoke about it with a few people Wink

My (non frum) cousin has a scheduled c-section in a few weeks.She is from England and her mother isnt able to come in to help her with the newborn or with her 2 year old. Since my cousin lives in Williamsburg with no help, I figured Id post here- does anyone know if the high school girls need chessed hours? I needed to do that in HS not sure if its a thing in the more right winged schools.

Is there a GO head or someone in charge of chessed hours I could speak to at the satmar bais yaakov schools?

My aunt would even pay someone to come help my cousin a few days a week, maybe take out the 2 year, draw with her, go on walks etc...

thanks!

gut gebentched yur!

Einikel

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:17 pm
Hope you find someone, personally I doubt any mother would allow their teenager work for a non frum person. You’re probably better off looking for a bubby type or non-Jewish woman to help out.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:20 pm
Einikel wrote:
Hope you find someone, personally I doubt any mother would allow their teenager work for a non frum person. You’re probably better off looking for a bubby type or non-Jewish woman to help out.

My cousin wouldnt have the tv on, its just to take the 2 year old out for a few hours, or play games in the house with her.

I figured id ask around anyway, I remember in hs they took us to williamsburg to show us the chessed the community does...I went to a modern hs so we learned about diff. communtiites

Even a young newlywed who wants to make some extra money every day might be a good fit...

clowny

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:24 pm
Einikel wrote:

Agree. I have teenagers and I would not allow them to go to a non frum house. It’s risky. In fact, I don’t think a heimishe chassidish school would even put themselves into it and/or support it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:25 pm
Alrighty. I tried!

Zehava

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:33 pm
Yeah no parent in Williamsburg would allow this. The mother should pay for a nanny/baby nurse.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:37 pm
Zehava wrote:
Yeah no parent in Williamsburg would allow this. The mother should pay for a nanny/baby nurse.

my cousin doesnt know about this, my aunt who cant come in from england asked me if I knew of any girls who would want a side job to help her out.

my cousin is having a baby nurse for 3 months. my aunt just wanted a young girl or college aged student to play with the 2 year old a few times a week.

I went to touro college ill ask if any one in the dorms wants a steady babysitting job. just figured id try my luck asking if a hs girl in williamsburg needed chessed hours but I c it wont work out.

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:38 pm
Get her a baby nurse

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:40 pm
In general schools (outside Williamsburg apparently) stopped sending chesed girls to peoples homes for various reasons. Its really a relic of the past now. While many girls had wonderful experiences, many many more were given totally inappropriate tasks and really taken advantage of.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:41 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
In general schools (outside Williamsburg apparently) stopped sending chesed girls to peoples homes for various reasons. Its really a relic of the past now. While many girls had wonderful experiences, many many more were given totally inappropriate tasks and really taken advantage of.

yes I get that! I had a terrible experience as a chessed girl in seminary

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:49 pm
Op I think your best bet is to find a nanny agency

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 1:04 pm
Try care.com

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 1:50 pm
Many schools stopped with the chessed programs because parents don't allow their girls to go to strangers homes anymore. In Williamsburg schools, chessed programs were never really a thing.

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 2:14 pm
I think chessed girls was fine years ago when communities were small, everyone knew each other, and it was basically like sending your daughter to you neighbor to help out a bit. At some point things just got too big, the expectations for what the girls were supposed to do in some homes grew, they were being sent to complete strangers, in far away neighborhoods etc. Nothing to do with someone being frum or not, I wouldn't want to send a teen daughter to help out a person I don't know at all. The schools can't vet everyone properly for safety etc either.

Op if you are looking for a frum college age girl, try calling one of the local NY seminaries to see if any of their students are interested in a regular babysitting job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries