Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cockaroaches!!!!!
Previous  1  2

IndyMom

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 11:43 am
We moved into a beautiful house when I was a kid, and we got it for a great price, only to find that it was infested with roaches.

WE tried everything; bombs, exterminators, sprays. Nothing worked. I have amemory from when I was 5 of lying on my floor after a bath and seeing a roach climb up my leg.

We lasted there 2 years. We moved and left our old couch adn other things we though might be infested. Never saw a roach again. (until we stayed in a nasty hotel in lakewood...)

m&m

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 2:43 pm
We also have a roach prob in our building. The hallways are infested! We spray our doorway and landing daily. Some still manage to come thru. Another thing that worked is closing up every possible hole with silicone. This way they have nowhere to hide. This helped us tremendously. Roaches need water and love grease so eliminate this by wiping down all surfaces with disinfectant, making sure you have no leaks, covering faucets etc. Good luck, it's no fun.... Sad

supermom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 7:04 am
RG wrote:
the roaches in florida are much different than the regular NY roaches- they are BIG and FAST down there. the first time I saw one I had no idea what it was- I told my friend there was a frog in the bathroom Smile

Rolling Laughter

were we live we get a ton of ants in the summer at one point I swept out at least fifty to a hundred out of the door. it gets unbareble. we get an exterminator that comes and sprays which he garantees for six months and by then they already disappear with the weather. anyhow. once one of my daughters fell on the floor just to land into a army of big fat ants. gross. I picked her up just to get them all over me too. when I came home with my kids we were picking them out of our hair, off our body, and clothing. that night I slept with a fan on and the whole night I was tramitized every time the fan blew my clothing a little bit thinking of those horrible ants.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 8:46 pm
eeew. we also get ants (I almost wrote "aunts") in the summer. Not too many, but they're around. A week ago, though, there was a whole army right outside our front door (better than inside!). We sprayed them and then just made sure our 12- month old didn't catch site and try to taste them!

lucky

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 12:27 pm
We got rid of cocroaches in my moms house after 10 yrs of living w/it. My parents went to a hotel 4 2 days. before leaving they bombed the place. Next day my brother went in and bombed again. we never had roaches again. but did we have a cleaning up. thousands of dead ones.

mompete

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 9:45 pm
I used combat gel and that worked great! My exterminator recommended it and I never had to use anything after that. good luck!

eliana

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 9:16 am
I already was writing in another subject that a miracle cure for insects in my house is a cat. Since we've got a cat - there are none of them. They simply do not come!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry