Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Does Tupperware make anything thats way better than others?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:29 am
Does Tupperware make anything thats way better than others? If yes, which Tupperware products?

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:30 am
IMO Tupperware is much better than less expensive brands like Rubbermaid, but I'm not sure it's quite worth the difference in price. They have a lifetime replacement guarantee (or did) for any item that breaks or cracks, but considering that you have to pay shipping fees for replacement items, how great a deal is that, really? Plastic eventually discolors and gets grungy, so if the lid to your twenty-year-old container cracks, chances are you'd want to replace the whole container, anyway.

OTOH Tupperware has a bigger selection of products than anyone else, and it's all made in USA. Only 80% of Rubbermaid is. A lot of OXO is made in China.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:59 am
Thanks.

Tupperware makes gadgets now for chopping, etc, how user friendly are they?

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.

Tupperware makes gadgets now for chopping, etc, how user friendly are they?

No idea, but I'd stick to containers. Tupperware isn't famous for its tools.

Teomima

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:30 am
I have Tupperware bowls I got as a wedding present that are colorful and pretty. I love them because they serve as mixing, storage, and serving bowls. They're in just as good shape as they were fifteen+ years ago.

For other food/pantry storage, I use mostly Lock& Lock boxes. But they're definitely not as sturdy as Tupperware.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:35 am
I have Tupperware Modular Mates that must be 35 years old. I just replaced 4 cracked lids and also replaced a bunch of OK lids for a different color. The containers themselves have held up fine for all that time.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 11:33 am
Isn’t Tupperware an MLM? That makes me super wary.

life is fun

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 11:58 am
vintagebknyc wrote:

What is MLM?

I like the storage containers and salt shakers

acemom

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:02 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

MLM or not, their products have withstood the test of time. A poster has mentioned that she's had it for 35 years!

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:06 pm
life is fun wrote:
What is MLM?

I like the storage containers and salt shakers

An MLM stands for "multi level marketing" scheme which is basically a pyramid scheme. Arbonne, Avon, Amway, etc. You can read more about them from the Federal Trade Commission: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/a.....hemes

Many people these business target women, who often lose money in the long run after a huge outlay. https://www.goodhousekeeping.c.....ence/

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:11 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

It's a MLM company but definitely on the up-and-up. And their products ARE good; I've had some for forty years. I'm just not sure that they're worth the high price.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:14 pm
zaq wrote:
It's a MLM company but definitely on the up-and-up. And their products ARE good; I've had some for forty years. I'm just not sure that they're worth the high price.

Their products are absolutely fantastic, I wasn't commenting on that part!

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:08 pm
Well, so far no established institutions have toppled due to Tupperware's MLM. It's not a Ponzi scheme.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics