Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Pesach Rebbetzin

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 12:20 am
I read somewhere on the news that there is a woman causing a lot of stir in Ramat Kodesh...

She keeps her house completely chametz free all year round. But it goes further than that. No one is allowed to enter her house wearing thier own shoes but must wrap their feet in aluminum foil before entering the home.

The neighbors have complained that she throws her children out of the house whenever they want to have falafel...all 20 of them are sitting in the garden with their pretzels, pizza, pitas etc.. and they have to bang on the back door to be allowed back in, but first, she spritzes them down with a hose...

She refuses to say certain words, usually chametzdiche items, but also "chamez" and "heter"

She has gathered a small following of women around Israel. The local rabbonim have banned anyone from going to her house, except on Pesach, and have warned to limit contact with her. The owner of the Ramat Kodesh falafel shop is particularly concerned.

Still, the followers continue to increase, and there was one case of a husband who divorced his wife over Pesachdiche fundamentalism...He got custody of the kids on grounds that she was considered insane and she was caught diapering the baby in aluminum foil...

One opponent to the Pesach Rebbetzin is the Bureka Rebbetzin who has been known to force her family to subsist only on this flaky pastry and to spread around as many bureka crumbs as possible around the home to make Pesach cleaning more challenging. She says a Rav told her that the harder one works at Pesach cleaning, the greater reward in olam habaa and the less suffering in Gehinnom

She says the Pesach Rebbetzin is "cheating" by keeping a chametz=free home and thinks every bureka crumb we clean will bring us to a higher spiritual level...

Avoid these women an their followers...unless of course, you are bit nutty anyway...

louche

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 12:36 am
amother, that's a riot! why are you anon and not claiming credit where credit's due?
Too bad you didn't post this 3 weeks ago, it would have saved me the trouble of composing my own Purimspiel.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 1:15 am
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

shalhevet

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 3:46 am
amother wrote:

She keeps her house completely chametz free all year round. But it goes further than that. No one is allowed to enter her house wearing thier own shoes but must wrap their feet in aluminum foil before entering the home.

Are you trying to make fun of me? Why did you think I'm not on this site? You really can't be too careful about chometz you know. And why do you think aluminium (please spell it properly like we Brits do) foil was invented?

hila

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 5:13 am
Quote:

Are you trying to make fun of me? Why did you think I'm not on this site? You really can't be too careful about chometz you know. And why do you think aluminium (please spell it properly like we Brits do) foil was invented?

Whose honour are you defending. When they can spell colour they will learn to spell aluminium (and say it right too) Wink

No offence meant . I love Americans. I am even married to one. (mixed marriage)

Hapy cleaning

mimivan

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 5:26 am
weel I lived in Unglend and I ressent the accyousatun thet Amuricens cain't spill...

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 5:14 pm
Mr. Green Rolling Laughter

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 5:26 am
The Bureka Rebbetzin Rolling Laughter
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics