Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
8 month old should eat 3 meals a day??
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 3:50 am
SOOO depends on the child.

my first ate 3 solid meals at that age.

all other babies varied.
my now 8 month old has mailky bottles and maybe one meal a day, but as she isnt really interested in the meal too much,we just offer and she eats several spoons. she grows well b´´H no need to be concerned as long as all milestones are met and doc is happy with the overall development. at some pont they eat Smile

offer adn see how its going.

SG18

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 5:20 am
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
If you are catering to her individual needs how can you have a policy of food before one is just for fun. Every baby is different and has different needs and wants. Some babies are super interested in food and others aren't but setting a policy isn't taking the babies needs into account.

It's not a policy, it's my current mindset. I'm not going to be mandating structured mealtimes at this point, because I think it's about exposure and enjoyment. If she wants to eat three times a day, because she enjoys it, I'll do that. If, instead, she wants to try things here and there, that's fine too. I don't find it to be contradictory.

amother
Celeste

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 9:57 pm
gamanit wrote:
That is incorrect. The AAP currently recommends introducing solids sometime between 4-6 months old. When a baby is asking for food that usually means they're ready.

Eh. My baby was watching us eat and trying to grab at it since 2 months. She should not have had solids at that age.

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 10:18 pm
gold21 wrote:
The key word here is CURRENT.

So is it that babies needs evolve along with the evolution of science , or that science sometimes gets it wrong?

What do you think?

If science is continuously evolving, was science ever wrong, or was it always right, and the needs of children simply evolved along with science?

This. A lot of “science” is literally opinions. The current coolest opinion of the day wins. In actuality, some things literally don’t matter. For example, it DOES NOT matter if your baby eats actual food before age 1 as long as he or she is happy and gaining weight. Some babies might be better eaters if they start eating at 6 months and some babies might not be ready and “rebel” and it will actually cause them to be worse eaters. My pediatrician believes in “mothers know best.” And that’s what I believe in as well.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics